Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Great deal to Canada with Inghams

Poster: A snowHead
Just booked a week in Panorama and a week in Fernie departing on 03/03/10 for two adult's for £899 including flight's transfers and accommodation. Yes £450 Each, Hotels don't look that good but for that money who cares? Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skid & slide, thats's an excellent bargain for a fortnight in canada. Two good resorts there too, you'll have a cracking time
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skid & slide, Bargain. Try and book your lift passes through Inghams, you'll get hammered otherwise in resort, especially Fernie. We saved £500 on lift passes last year by booking them in UK through Crystal.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skid & slide, how did you book that? did you call, or was it through the website?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skid & slide, Bargain, and even if the hotels are super 8 motels the rooms will still be ten times bigger than your average French shoebox - good for you!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
nbt, Go to the website find bargain weeks then call. they have deals for half term as well. Spyderman, Thanks for that I'll be on the phone in the morning.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skid & slideAbsolute bargain at that price. Like your style too - one stays in Fernie the other in Panorama, wink which resort have you got Toofy Grin Madeye-Smiley

All you need now is a decent vehicle to really see some of the area. Agree with Spyderman, regarding lift passes Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
inghams do some great late deals . im in panorama at same time , you get in on a wednesday ,
i fly back to the uk on the saturday . we overlap by three days .
had my honeymoon in panorama 2004 .
i skied fernie last year in march , and it was awsome .
let me know if you need a lowdown on either resort .
good advice to prebook your lift pass , its expensive in resort .
only thing they dont tell you is when you transfer between resorts you have to go back to airport on coach and change there . so you could be waiting at airport for a few hours .
pano transfer about 3 1/2 hours .
fernie about 4 hours .
think you hotels would be pine inn in pano and prob wolfs den in fernie both slopeside stonesthrow from lifts .
here,s to blue sky sunshine days and a cold kokanee after woohooo .
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
f1l wrote:
a cold kokanee after woohooo .

I became rather partial to Rickard's Red and Nachos in the Griz at Fernie Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Any advice on finding the best deal through Inghams site? Trying to sort my mum and brother a cheap trip out here, but I'm struggling to battle their website to find the cheapest prices...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DaveC, keep an eye here: www.inghams.co.uk/offers/#Canada or give them a ring. Canadian Affair gave me the cheapest deal this season.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DaveC,

If all else fails canadian affair have a sale on at the moment ....................
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
iglu are currently doing a week in Lake Louise for cheaper than that for 2 people...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DaveC, Best way I found was to choose resort, then click on accommodation, and then click on dates and see what prices are. I do know what you mean about website it is a bit of a struggle.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Spyderman wrote:
f1l wrote:

I became rather partial to Rickard's Red and Nachos in the Griz at Fernie Very Happy

good call, me too. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
f1l, Yes I saw that bit about the transfers I'm thinking of going on the Greyhound bus. I'm thinking of doing the steep and deep course in Fernie, did you do it or did you speak to anyone that had done it? We must meet up for a beer, I'll PM you.
snow report
Bones, If only Laughing It would be Fernie.
ski holidays
skid & slide, I have done that course - 2 days of decent teaching by good teachers with some video analysis. Decent, but not must-do.
snow report
stoatsbrother, I'm a bit worried that the OH might not be up to the standard. She ski's parallel on reds get's down some black's, but not that good when it get's a bit chopped up on piste.
ski holidays
skid & slide, Been to both - where are you staying? Panorama is all slopeside ( and pool/hot tub side ) Fernie has a slopeside area on 'the hill' and the town which is 10/15 minutes bus ride away.

Should be a great trip.

Another vote for the Rickard's Red too Very Happy
snow conditions
I went to Panorama with Inghams on 16th December - 2 adults for £777 (Pine Inn) and I thought that was cheap, so your deal is cracking! We stayed opposite the rep Rebecca in room 326 (which I would recommend you change if you are staying there, very noisy because it is one of the closest rooms to the T Bar - I assume for that price you are in the Pine Inn).

Very useful advice about the lift passes. Definitely pre-book them, we lost out by not doing this.

Also - we had issues withdrawing cash out from the ATMs - although they do have a system where you can charge anything to the room and pay for it with a credit card.

The journey from the airport is rather brutal after the long flight, very scenic, but brutal. Make sure if they stop in Radium you stock up on things at the supermarket as it is much cheaper than the general store in Panorama.

The skiing is good if you like the extreme stuff, loads of double blacks and blacks there up at the summit/extreme dream/taynton. My favourite trails were the ones of the champagne quad, rollercoaster, world cup way, skyline (blue groomers). The sun bowl and across there was also fun as was founders ridge.

Very envious, wish I was there still. Very Happy
ski holidays
v1cky24 wrote:

The journey from the airport is rather brutal after the long flight, very scenic, but brutal. Make sure if they stop in Radium you stock up on things at the supermarket as it is much cheaper than the general store in Panorama.
Very Happy

Even more brutal is you self drive like I did - it was very dark and a very long way. My navigator ( Wife ) slept the whole way!! Needless to say we took the transfer coach from Calgary to Fernie last year - that is not a self drive to do on the back of a 9 hour flight.
snow conditions
skid & slide, she may not be the typical target audience - but there are other ski lessons available there - and no reason why you should not do different things.
latest report
We just got 11nights in Kimberley for £399 each staying in a 4* appartment, its an Inghams holiday but we booked through lastminute.com.
ski holidays
snobunni, I stayed in the trickle creek inn about four years ago, if your in there you have cracked it. Nice breakfast, good rooms, great location. v1cky24, We are staying in the pine inn, is it ok? CP, In Fernie we are in the Wolf's Den Skullie
ski holidays
stoatsbrother wrote:
Spyderman wrote:
f1l wrote:

good call, me too. Toofy Grin

Cant disagree with this either Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
skid & slide, Wolf's Den is up on 'the hill' - you are right by the ski action and near the Griz for a bit of apres.

I am very jealous of your trip as there is no skiing for me this season due to injury ( old age and body abuse ).

Enjoy Very Happy
ski holidays
skid & slide, yep we're in Trickle Creek, woo hoo! only 9 more sleeps Smile . . . we stayed at the Pine Inn when we went to Panorama a couple of years back, its warm, clean, dry and comfortable enough . . . but we found it noisy at night and the door was never closed properly after the cleaners had been in . . . we ended up moving to a private condo courtesy of Earl Grey Logde. But i am very high maintenance lol
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
just booked 4 of us 1 week in panorama(canada) an incredible £299 each got to be a bargain would like to hear about cost of living in resort regards to all Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
skid & slide, RE: Pine Inn - I've stayed in worse hotels. But it's not great. There were 5 of us in 3 rooms in the hotel and we got the short straw I think. The other 2 rooms were better. We had a room overlooking the conference centre right next to the stairs and very close to the Tbar (which gets noisy on an evening). If you end up near to the stairs I would request to move if you can. You hear people coming back from drinks and people going down the stairs in the morning early in ski boots (and we were always out by 8 - I have no idea what people were doing tramping around in ski boots at 5.30 - 6am when the lifts don't open until 9?)

We weren't that bothered enough to move though, after saying all of that. I think other people would though. We are quite tolerant of things.

bradleyjoes, I thought the price of things was fairly reasonable, well it sounds as though it's much cheaper than some places in the alps anyways?

Breakfast was either in the great hall (bacon/bagels/sausage/eggs etc) or the coffee place next to tbar that did bagelwiches for about $5-6. We enjoyed a served breakfast in the wildfire grill which was $10-13 for pancakes/breakfast with egg/bacon/sausage/toast.

Lunch - we usually ate in the great hall - try the Poutine (chips cheese and gravy, sounds gross but is actually quite nice, apparently it's some kind of Canadian delicacy haha).
You could get burgers - $8-9 soup - $3-6 pizza $5. The cokes were about $2.50

Never ate lunch on the mountain, OH got a burger though and I think it was around $9. Tea and coffe was about $3 on the mountain at the summit hut I think.

Dinner - The wildfire grill/Earl Grey Lodge are the two 'expensive' places to eat. IIRC the grill had a steak for $33 which was one of the most expensive items on the menu, you could get pasta for $15 and a range of mains for between $18-33 dollars, I can recommend the braised bison. Very tasty! We ate a lot at the RK heli place because we liked the ribs and garlic bread from there, mains were <$20. The T Bar does lunch/dinner and you can get Shepherds Pie/Spag Bol for around $10 for a decent sized portion. The pies were nice from there as well.

Alcohol - I think it was around $5 for a beer and $6-7 for a glass of wine

Hope this helps!

Sad I'm not there. Sad
ski holidays
Hello everyone!

Only just joined SnowHeads after spotting Vicky's original Panorama review on an internet search.

I was sent an e-mail from TravelZoo - that's how I heard about the £299 one week ski deal, then I phoned Inghams to check if still available and ended up booking it spur of the moment ... then started reading alarming internet reviews about the Pine Inn .... but am feeling reassured now (thanks Vicky for your prompt reply!). Don't mind basic and budget, but was worried about "noisy and dirty", especially when travelling with children.

All these comments and tips are really helpful and much appreciated!

Thanks and best wishes

Marcia
latest report
Marcia, we found the pine in to be clean however the doors were a problem, they caught on the carpet or the spring wasnt strong enough to close the door on its own. Which was fine when we left the room as we would check it was closed but the cleaners never did so for the first couple of days we came back to find our door open. We moved room but had the same problem.

In terms of noise we didnt hear anything from the bar but the noise of other doors being slammed throughout the night and the metal door on the bridge between the two buildings was enough to keep us up. Another reason why we requested to move room and the 2nd room was a little quieter. We went at half term though and there wasnt much choice in terms of where to put us when we asked to be moved.

However we had only paid £250 each to get there so we could have sucked it up and lived with it to be honest. As it turned out though after a fantastic meal at Earl Grey Lodge Clair and Phil the proprietors offered to let us have a condo they were selling for the duration of our stay so we moved into the 1000 Peaks, which was lovely and had a full kitchen so got round the lack of dining opportunities nicely.
snow report
snobunni wrote:
Marcia, we found the pine in to be clean however the doors were a problem, they caught on the carpet or the spring wasnt strong enough to close the door on its own. Which was fine when we left the room as we would check it was closed but the cleaners never did so for the first couple of days we came back to find our door open. We moved room but had the same problem.

We noticed the doors didn't close if you left them to shut on their own, you had to slam them. The cleaners always left them closed, although i would have been alarmed to come back to an open room!

Especially seeing as they don't appear to have safety deposit boxes (we never seen any). I used to lock my valuable things in the ski locker during the day and take them with me at night.
snow report
[quote="CP"]
v1cky24 wrote:

Very Happy

the trip to jasper is what you call brutal
ski holidays
Hello everyone!

Just got back from a wonderful week's skiing in Panorama (£299 each!) - have posted my comments on another thread, so won't repeat them here.

Didn't have any problems with the Pine Inn, despite reading horror stories about it beforehand. It's basic and a bit shabby, but clean and warm.

Hope you enjoy your holiday, "skid and slide"!

Best wishes from Marcia
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy