Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obertauern restaurants for the evening

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear all, been to Obertauern for a week before to the Hotel Kohlmayer on halfboard. Did not notice many restaurants outside Hotels. Would appreciate any recommendations for an evening meal including those in Hotels. Not much in any guidebooks, etc.
Cheers Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A final effort to get any response!! It may simply show how few restaurants there are.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well the hotel I stayed in had fantastic food and was a great hotel - I'd definitely recommend it to eat in: Hotel Schneider http://www.schneider.at/englisch/index.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We had a superb meal at Das Seekerhaus a couple of seasons ago: http://www.seekarhaus.at
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Most of the hotels open their restaurants to none residents and will be of a good standard as the hotels are nearly all 4 star - we had a meal at the Samson Hotel which was good, and a lunch at Lurzer Alm which is a complex of club, restaurant, hotel. Check out: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g190440-Obertauern_Austrian_Alps.html.

There is a pizza place at the side of the Gamsleiten hotel which has good reports, and we have stayed at the Gamsleiten hotel itself which opens to non-residents; the food was varied, brilliant one year, average the next. There aren't really any true stand alone restaurants that I can think of, because most people either stay half board or self-cater and eat in. The resort closes during the summer months so perhaps a restaurant without a hotel wouldn't survive the downtime. Just use the hotel restaurants and you should have good food.

We love the resort, but Tour Operator prices were so high this year, we have had to go elsewhere, and our DIY option was closed when flights to Salzburg from Manchester stopped. Have a great time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are a few stand alone restaurants dotted along the pass, albeit mainly pizza places etc. As already mentioned most hotels are half board, with plenty of restaurants on the mountain dotted along the main routes for a lunch stop.

The restaurants we ate out in when we missed our hotels evening meals (due to extended apres ski Toofy Grin ) were a pizza place opposite the intersport shop and sport Sam by the Grundwolkopf lift, and also the Luzer Alm.

Enjoy Obertauern, it really is a Gem of a resort and one which ski wise and apres ski wise i think will be hard to beat the world over.

Plenty of POW there the other week
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's a pizza place where topless girls get very friendly with some metal poles, but I'm afraid I can't remember the name
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lurzer Alm is a really great place for pizza, steak or fondue. Till about eight it is full on après, but after that it shifts to become a restaurant. Great place, great food! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry double post Puzzled
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is also a nice wooden restaurant at the back of Lurzer Alm. With fire place etc.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Many thanks to all, it gives me something to go on. Truffaut, as I'm going with my wife and daughters, I'll have to give your place a miss, (unless they want to earn a bit of cash to help me pay for the hols I suppose!) Thanks again Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy