Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tour Operators threaten Chambery pullout

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
dan2000, I think many people choose Chambery because it's so close to lots of places. That's why we chose it, once (and were diverted to Grenoble.....). When it works well, it's great.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I "choose" whichever flights work out cheapest for me (taking into account departure airport - so a £40 supplement to fly from Bristol is cheaper than a zero supplement Stansted flight, but a £120 supplement from Exeter (unless flight times are civilised so a friend can take me avoiding any parking costs) would tend to eliminate that flight from my considerations. Airport at the other end if transfers are included in a package is quite a long way down my list - but I would prefer to avoid Chambery this year if it doesn't cost too much more to do so. With unlimited budget, Exeter - GVA would be tempted, especially given that helicopter transfers aren't much more expensive (per head) than some private transfers!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidof wrote:
is it just me or do weekend to weekends still make most efficient use of precious holiday time?

Last time I did the mathematics
Five weekdays plus 4 weekend days made 9 days.
Five weekdays plus 2 weekend days made 7 days.

Organising a trip for 8 days over 2 weekends allows 6 days sking plus a travel day at each end.
Organising a trip for 7 days including 1 weekend allows 5 days skiing plus a travel day at each end.
It should be pretty obvious why the tour operators and most skiers prefer the weekends.

When you have to travel half way round the world for downunder or even from the middle east travel days become important.
They come out of your annual allocation of work days off.

PS
You can get into a European ski resort with one travel day (plus the 10 hours time difference) from downunder.
It used to be 48 hours between beds but a little less now with less stops.
But you need 2 days (minus the 10 hours time difference) to get home. And a week to overcome the jet lag on the return.
It makes sense to go sking for at least a month at a time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy