Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help needed. leg injury. Ski Mojo La Plagne?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I cannot believe it but one week before going to Belle Plagne I fell on a grassy slope. My leg went completely under my body.

So on Sunday at 9.15 I'm at casualty where after Xrays and prodding they decide (sort of) that I've ruptured a tendon in my thigh. Luckily rolling eyes they had a spot in theatre there and then and did I want to go down for them to re-attach it? Nooooo! I cried and they decided on an ultrasound. So they put my leg in a "back cast" from toes to crotch and sent me home.

So today I have the ultrasound and no tendon problem is found. Madeye-Smiley

Tomorrow I'm at a sports physio to see if they can sort the obvious muscle tear and tendon tenderness. Wednesday I'm back at the hospital fracture clinic for their slant on everything.

So! My query is to the docs on here is :- What's the chance of my getting an OK from the hospital to go skiing? What chance of me being able to ski given that I can only just lift my leg at this moment in time?

Thirdly would a "Ski Mojo" help and can I hire one somewhere in La Plagne preferably?

All help and advice gratefully accepted.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 18-01-10 20:22; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Michael B, Nightmare. Sad ..I can't help with any of your questions, just hope everything works out for your trip.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Timberwolf, Nightmare indeed. I'd written the hol off until today but there is still just a glimmer of hope. snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michael B, bad luck on your innury. A ski mojo probably would help, but I don't think there's any chance of being able to hire one. the company is very good at sending them out quickly though. My OH has one and though he's not used to it yet, it definitely takes the weight off the legs. His is out of action at the moment - we're waiting for a spare part. But if your leg weakness is as bad as it sounds, then even with a mojo it would probably still be vulnerable. Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No skiing for me this week Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Sports physio thinks I've got a torn muscle hanging on by a thread. Off to the fracture clinic tomorrow. I'll ask for an MRI if they start sharpening scalpels.

I'm hoping 2-3 weeks for recovery and then a sneeky week somewhere at the end of Feb. Laughing If not then I'm still in Flaine in March.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Michael B, hope you make March. Tough luck.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Michael B, Sad Good luck for a quick recovery and a great holiday (holidays) later on.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Michael B, Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Michael B, sorry to hear that, Sad best wishes for a speedy recovery.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy