Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car hire from Lyon Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone got any tips on good value (cheap!) car hire from Lyon airport. We are going Fri - Mon 1st weekend of February...

Thanks for any advice!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My first call for almost any European location is usually Holiday Autos but they are quoting £114 for noon on the 5th to noon on the 8th from and to Lyon airport, which seems a bit high to me. Goes up to £152 if you need to pick up earlier and/or drop off later.

Expedia has its cheapest economymobile with Europcar for £87.56.

The best deal that I can see at the moment is with Argus Car Rentals http://www.argusrentals.com/ who have an economy car for £73.40 and a 5 door Golf for £90.92. Argus is an Irish-based broker that does the car rentals for a number of low-cost airline web sites. Asuming you are flying into Lyon it might also be worth checking whether your airline has any deals available but in general I wouldn't expect them to be too much better than Argus.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you very much for this thorough reply! I will check out all these options.... I hadn't heard of Argus before...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Er, sorry to tell you this, but you have just missed a Holiday Autos sale. We booked 8 days starting on Sat 30th Jan for £146.

But you could still use the HA discount code (put this into the search and click on the link - it should say something like Virgin One) which I think gives 15% off and I don't think that the sale element made as much difference as the code.

NB the cost of snowchains was more than the hire! So we are going to have to either strike a deal with the person at the carhire desk, buy in France, or try not to crash.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
try travelsupermarket.com - I tend to get what I see as good deals. Have to be careful you click though to the company/broker to check you get what you think you were getting.

I also buy a one year excess protection policy from insurance4carhire.com
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Brookside, If you are flying easyjet then when you come out of the terminal, hop on the hopper bus taking you to the short-term car park. Hop off here and grab a courtesy bus to the car hire places. Much Much easier than trying to walk carrying kit as otherwise it's a good 10 minute yomp through the other terminal building - in the bus its about 30 seconds...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy