Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's the most number of different resorts you have skied in a season?

Poster: A snowHead
So far this season I've skied:

Stubaier Glacier
Patscherkoffel (Igls)
Innsbruck Nordkette
Seefeld
Saalbach Hinterglemm (does that count as two?)
Ischgl

and next time I'm out there I'll be adding (at least) Kitzbuhel and Mayrhofen to the list, probably Galtur and St Anton too.

And if we're including dry slopes, Milton Keynes and Glasgow.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 18-01-10 16:08; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
GrahamN, dry slopes surely don't count, or else my record would go from something like 11 (including all the Scottish resorts) to 30+!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last Season while based in Aosta,
La Thuile
La Rossier
Pila
Le Tour
Grands Montets
Les Flegere
Cogne
Champoluc
Gressoney
Alagna

Didn't bother with Courmayeur.

Plus Tamworth in the UK and the local Plastic @ Telford.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sideshow_Bob, yes, hence listing them as cheats. However, if you count 6 hours skiing as a Full Ski-Day Equivalent (FSDE), last year I did about 15 FSDE at Aldershot and even 14 at Hemel Shocked (and that's excluding any race-day time), so more than anywhere else, and certainly more than the odd day (or even hour) that are getting a fair few of these places into the lists. Also did so many races at So'ton and Welwyn that I probably got about 1FSDE at each of them just in warm-up time.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I reckon by the end of the season the count will be pretty high, as we're following the snow around Canada/USA this season and we're only a month and a half into the trip. So far...

Banff (Sunshine Village)
Aspen
Snowmass
Aspen Highlands
Breckenridge
Vail
Beaver Creek
(2 week break in Las Vegas/Death Valley/Utah due to no snow forecast anywhere)
Deer valley

There'll be many more to add to the list as the season goes on, hopefully.....

We've just arrived in Lake Tahoe as there are 4 storms rolling in one after the other this week, bringing multiple feet of snow, supposedly (Weather Channel says maybe up to 10 feet by the end of the week, but I'll believe it when I see it!). It is absolutely dumping down like you wouldn't believe as I look out the window at the moment, I've never seen anything like it. Glad we got in last night before the roads become a nightmare/closed, but a little nervous that with the high winds that are forecast the lifts might be closed all week - just went to the Heavenly gondola in the hope of going up to get a few runs in and it was closed due wind.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
frank4short wrote:
I think you're missing the point on Chamonix, but at the same time strengthening it with your kitzbuhl example. You don't go to one of the hills in Cham for a weeks skiing you go to Chamonix for the weeks skiing. There is no interconnectivity in the chamonix valley (quiet in the back anyone that thinks of mentioning brevent, flegere). So every morning you get up & get on a bus to where you want to go skiing it's just the way that cham works.

Same applies in your Kitzbuhl example I doubt you'd go to Hahnenkamm, you go to Kitzbuhl.

Perhaps the best way to list after all, is what everybody is suspecting: when you move your bed!

Cham has many mountains. But dispite going to a different mountian each morning, one goes back to the same bed. Kitzbuhl, like Chamonix, is one single valley with skiing on both sides. Both are covered in the same lift pass.

While one can sleep in one spot and drive to far way places to ski, unless it's covered in the same lift pass, it's a clearly a different "resort"!

So, I would define "same resort" as one that are covered by the same lift pass and accessible from the same bed base.

By that definition, the 3 "different" mountains of Aspen I listed are of the same "resort" as well. I've always look at it that way, but went along with the majority with the inflacted count.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
abc, so you stay in summit county and ski Breck, Vail, Copper, Loveland, A-Basin = 1 resort because you stayed in Silverthorne/Frisco/Dillon?

Do a day trip from home = never change beds is that 0 ? or do you still get to count it but no matter how many different resorts you can access from home it is still just 1?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Let's not be too anal. It's not a competition. There are no prizes for having more or less. Just gives an idea of where people have skied. If you feel you've skied it write it down, if you haven't don't.

The next question is which are your best 3....

Very tough as being an off piste junkie it's so dependent on the snow conditions but I'll pump for:

1) Zermatt
2) Val d'Isere
3) Verbier/Val Thorens

With a special mention for Engelberg (it was epic when we were there last year)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
9 in 2003

Kicking Horse 3 weeks
Big Sky ½ day
Bridger Bowl 2 days
Big Mountain 2 days
Mount Norquay 1 day
Sunshine 3 days
Lake Louise 2 days
Nakiska 2 days
Panorama ½ day
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
little tiger wrote:
abc, so you stay in summit county and ski Breck, Vail, Copper, Loveland, A-Basin = 1 resort because you stayed in Silverthorne/Frisco/Dillon?

Do a day trip from home = never change beds is that 0 ? or do you still get to count it but no matter how many different resorts you can access from home it is still just 1?

No and yes. (mostly no)

1) Copper is on a DIFFERENT lift pass. So if we do adopt the definition of (bed + pass), that would be a different resort you've skied.

2) Loveland is also on a different lift pass system.

3) However, A-Basin/Vail/Keystone is nearly identical as in the case of Chamonix. It's the same lift pass, EASILY accessible from the same bed base. And just about 90% of skiers do all of them in one trip if they're staying one week. (the same can't be said of Loveland, which very few Summit county bound skiers even bother to try after multiple trip).

So, depsite what most American skiers thinks, the Vail Corp resorts are indeed ONE resort as far as the European standard goes.

Now, when the same American skiers head over to Europe, they adopt the European standard and count all the smaller mountains in the same lift pass as ONE!!!

Things gets even mirkier when European skiers comes to Park City, which is covered in the same lift pass ONLY FOR NON-US skiers! So as far as the European skiers' concern, it's the same resort. But for Americans, it's 3 seperate resort!!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
By lift pass I've only done 2 in one season.

I did this lot in one day last Feb though...
Méribel
St Martin
Les Menuires
Val Thoren
Motteret
Courchevel 1650
Courchevel 1850
Courchevel 1550
La Praz
La Tania
Meribel Village
... it was a bit of an epic last day. Very Happy

adrian
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
abc, How do they know you're non-US? And how weird is that anyway?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
under a new name wrote:
abc, How do they know you're non-US? And how weird is that anyway?

A bit like the Swiss Transfer ticket, the multi-resort lift pass can only be purchased outside the country.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 20-01-10 5:08; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd like to know what you all do for work to afford all these trips ..... send some of your work my way!!!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Let's not be too anal. It's not a competition

Good job - if it was we all know who would win Smile
snow conditions
Probably 1992 ....

St Gervais
Megeve