Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting skis serviced in France?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Appreciate views and experience of getting skis serviced in France. We are going to Vallandry (Les Arc).

Whilst no expert I manage to service my skis at home, takes me a while but at least I take care!

Never entrusted a ski shop to servicing, but appreciate views, are they to be trusted ?

And any specific recommendations or warnings for servicing in Vallandry appreciated.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No idea about Vallandry but friend who has skis usually drops them off at the local (TO) recommended ski hire shop for a quick once over. He's never complained about the job not being done well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
allthegearnoidea Assuming you're talking about edge & wax, how long are you out for? Unless April, or certainly later in the season when more frequent waxing may be beneficial due to snow conditions, why bother for a couple of weeks.. will servicing make any difference to your skiing..... at €XX a throw?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
allthegearnoidea, If you are happy with your own servicing' I'd suggest carrying on this excellent practise.

allanm,
Quote:
why bother for a couple of weeks.. will servicing make any difference to your skiing..... at €XX a throw?
Millionsof skiiers would disagree including the pro race teams, many snowheads, and of course me. This is a bit like driving your car with all tyres 5 -10 ilbs under pressure. You'd drive, but you would notice the handling and the faster you go or indeed try to go, the more you'd notice. Skiing is an expensive hobby -why compromise the most important part of that equation inasmuch as anything that lessens or potentially lessens my pleasure in not on the agenda.
rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jivebaby ^^ The majority wouldn't notice if all their tyres were 10lb down... the more astute may notice if only one was 10lb down - not many these days though I'd venture to say.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
allanm, Waxing is probably more important now as the snow is so cold it is very aggressive, ie. sharp crystals, so you will notice that there is a lack of wax.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
have had my boards edged waxed in a couple of the ski shops in vallandry around JImys Bar and Maxima all seem much of a muchness, drop em in at the end of the day on way home or to the bar and collect on way to lift in the morning
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cheztichot : you waxed the edges !?!?!?! wow... or you meant as in the end of season sole reconditioning+waxing with coating on edges for the summer of season storage ?

As for the servicing in the reosrts, if you are in one of the Bourg Saint maurice Peripherical resorts (Killy, Paradiski, St Foy... etc...) I would recommend to ask the shop if they do it on site or if they send everything down the valley to be done overnight... which appears surprinsingly common practice...

I still do not know who is handling the planks down in the Bourg Saint Maurice area though.

If anybody knows, please advise.

As for Les Arcs I have been told there is a workshop next to one fo the smaller parking areas which does an amazing job. Cannot remember neither the name nor the place... and for Bourg Saint Maurice as such, there is a relatively good team at Intersports. They even gave a quick re-touch for free when I migrated from Tignes to Courchevel.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy