Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're still casting the net for half-term ski options and I've found a few apartments in LDA. However, the Telegraph gave it a pretty poor review http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/france/les-deux-alpes/6763416/Les-Deux-Alpes-piste-guide.html so I'm wondering what opinions any Snowheads have.

However, bear in mind that it will be Feb 14th half-term week, so if its going to be busy!

Some of the options are near the Diable lift (If I have that correct), and some at the other end of town (Vallee Blanche)

Ta

Rob
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
LittleRob, You'll find it's a bit like Marmite on here. I've spent about 30 weeks there so must be in the like camp. It's a reasonably big, very snow sure resort with skiing right up to 3600m at the top of the glacier. I've never been at half term but obviously it will be very busy like other big french resorts. It's pretty lively with a good selection of bars and restaurants. Price wise it's a bit cheaper than other similar sized or larger resorts.

The Diable chair is one of the main links up the mountain. It's a fast 8 man chair and gets you a fair way up the mountain. The area around it is close to all the bars, restaurants, etc. It depends where the Vallee Blanche accommodation is. If it's the other end of the main street that should be fine, a little slower to get up the mountain but no problem, just a walk over the road to a lift. It's probably also very handy for Pied Moutet which is the mountain on the other side of the resort which is quieter. Still only a few minutes walk to bars, etc with some close by.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Claude B Thanks for the info. I've also canvassed some opinions off-line and we have concluded that its probably not for us. That said, we're having real problems finding *anywhere*. The last 2 places we've enquired about (with apparent availability) have turned out to be either booked, or in the process of booking.

So, we're back to square one ;-(
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
LittleRob, it's late now to be booking for half term in France, which coincides with one of the busiest weeks for French school holidays too (Paris). Why not look elsewhere? I have an apartment in a small French resort which will also be rammed that week (though with few Brits) and shall be nowhere near the place.

Why not try Italy or Austria? Plenty of advice here on specific Italian and Austrian resorts, if you give some indication of your priorities (maybe change your thread title).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Little Rob, While it is a little late to book, there is still availability around half term but not knowing your requirements (e.g. numbers, budget, experience), difficult to say where is best. This website, http://ski.sunweb.co.uk/, which I've not used before but has come recommended seems to have a fair number of options available during the half term week that you're looking for.

Needless to say costs will be high and crowds will be aplenty!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy