Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Head must-do, or avoid if possible, tips for Are, Sweden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to Are for half-term week - been looking at the piste maps and reading all available reviews. Do any Snow Heads have suggestions for any 'must-do' or 'stay away from' routes and runs? Looks like this is a linear series of centres with bus links, any experience of stitching routes together for a traverse (I am a big fan of the Selle Rond).

Expecting it to be (very) cold - have any Snow Heads used the mountain 'warm-rooms' and is taking a pack-up the norm?

Less than 4 weeks until I get my skis back on - very connected to the inner child at the thought Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bjornen is very family oriented, so you may not find it has any thing suitable for you.

Only main peice of advice is take plenty of money, eating out is VERY expensive!

We had a fabulous time tho so enjoy...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What do we call "very expensive" out of curiosity ?
For example, compared to Tignes (France in general maybe) at six quid for a beer,sixteen for a small tartiflette, tenner for a pizza.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ian Kenvyn, Go to the one on the right facing the mountains , then you can ski across to middle resort halfway though the day. Just below where you cut across there is a great red ungroomed through the forest, plenty of tree dodging and bumpy bits. Great resort and the warming houses are top for picnic lunches... even have microwaves available. If you want wine there is a gov off licence again to the right of the town facing the mountain. Carry on from the supermarket and head out of the centre. 10 minute walk.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've just come back from Are. Fantastic place! The blues were tougher than I expected! (It was my first time skiing). People with me that have been before to other places commented that the blue runs were tough. Some of the reds we cut through or went round looked brilliant to ski on. I heard that the blacks were icey.

They haven't had much snow in the last two weeks so the only powder is coming from the snow machines. We found it quite icey in places because of the cold temperatures. Think it got down to -26!

You can pretty much ski all the way across the mountains though. There a lot of runs along the mountain that you can ski to get to other areas and lifts. Lots of drag lifts though so it can take a while to get up high. Chair lifts and gondolas are nice and speedy though.

Nearly every run was open last week so in 4 weeks with more snow due you should be fine.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well I have never been to Tignes I'm afraid, but a small salad at lunch time in the resort was £18. I took a taxi on a 3 mile journey (forgot my ski boots) and it was £25.

On the plus side, ski lessons and ski hire weren't that expensive!

Have you looked at http://www.skistar.com It has loads of useful info
Cheers
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy