Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Beat - the worst ski trip experience ever?

Poster: A snowHead
pandora wrote:
Quote:

it sounds like they had no idea of geography

God help you, Bode Swiller, if you ever end up on my aeroplane!

Just what I was thinking.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chrisdavis wrote:
Mornington Crescent.
Laughing Laughing Don't think I'll be opening this thread again. Someone start a new one, please, if something actually happens. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pandora, did you get any sort of satisfactory result out of Ski Beat? Our party had the misfortune of travelling with them on that fateful weekend and they have just abdicated any responsibilty for their inadequacies by stating that the whole was due to "Force Majeur". They refuse to accept any responsibilty for any aspect of their failings. I feel that the only course open to us is to vote with our feet and advise our many ski-ing friends to do the same.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just got back to blightly.
Pound down, Jordon still desperately trying to stay newsworthy, MPs slagging each off, sod all on TV, my garden's a mess, BA going on strike, petrol up, Mrs Wayne asking why I haven’t got round to putting up the new curtains in the spare front bedroom (cue Basil and the picture), this thread still trundling along

Aaaaahhhhhh. Good to be home (we're back in Kansa toto).

Back to Dolomites soon for a few weeks.
Wonder if things will be there same mid March Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Given that we were promised

Snow Joke wrote:

This story isn't going to go away for a while yet and we'll be sure to keep you posted on every step of the way Very Happy

I'm rather disappointed that this fizzled out so underwhelmingly
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bump Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Original complainer is to busy in her role as a BA pilot going on strike and destroying the travel plans of thousands to worry about her own inflated complaint
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thefatcontroller, IIRC, the pilots (including the OP) are not pro-strike.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hurtle wrote:
Laughing Laughing Don't think I'll be opening this thread again. Someone start a new one, please, if something actually happens. Toofy Grin

Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Maybe this pilot should get a job with SkiBeat?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/06/08/ba-pilots-post-shocking-foul-mouthed-rants-on-facebook-over-cabin-work-after-breaking-strike-115875-22317731/

Quote:
BA pilots who volunteered to stand in as cabin crew during strikes have posted foul-mouthed rants
about how awful they found some passengers. First officer Adam Corfield, who usually flies 747s, wrote on
his Facebook page that he came close to punching a business class “w****r” who came “marching into the
galley shouting into my face he wants a coffee”. Another 747 first officer, Jonathan Harman, replied on the
site: “Good work adam, you should still have hit him though!”

Corfield admitted after his first trip as a steward that customer service was “not for me” and “this f****r in
business class nearly got it!! T**t!!!!!” BA Airbus A320 pilot John Lincoln chipped in: “I’ve done 3 trips as cc now.
Totally agree, not the job for me either! B****y passengers... though so far I’ve avoided hitting them...”

Nearly 300 pilots agreed to work as cabin crew to keep planes flying during the dispute. At least half have
since asked to be taken off the volunteer list. Despite his brief galley experience, Corfield seems to have
little sympathy for his BA colleagues who do it all the time.

He said of the dispute: “F**k them... at least we’ll have jobs at the end of it!” In an online conversation
with Harman, he said of cabin crew: “I’m gonna get 14 bum boys rostered on ur next trip.”

Corfield, from Warrington, Cheshire, also summed up his feelings about the union at loggerheads with BA.
He posted “shoot that w****r at the top of UNITE!” The former easyJet pilot has a video on his Facebook
page of him and his pals stripping as the dance troupe the Chippendales.

A BA colleague said: “Things are bad enough without our pilots slating our passengers. With all the chaos
caused by the strike action – costing £7million a day – this is really the last thing we needed.”

BA said: “We thank the Daily Mirror for bringing this to our attention. We are ­investigating the claims in line
with our normal internal disciplinary process.”
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I worked for many years as the Thomson Rep on the Eurostar snowtrain service, we had a great deal of long, difficult and stressful transfer weekends, but we never resorted to shouting or arguing with our guests. We were trained in diffusing situations and applying just the right amount of empathy to assist guests. By far the biggest lessons we were taught was trying to fix the problem and updating guests as regular as possible.

I know all TO's go through this training process with their reps, its sounds like these guys at Ski Beat were just bad egges and I am sure the management was devasted to know they were operating in that way.

PK
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hurtle wrote:
thefatcontroller, just insert a few more laughing emoticons, that'll make such filth [revenge on nasty and rude customers] acceptable.

In the mid 80s a mate of mine was working for a TO in Ibiza. At the end of one long season he had a very nasty couple staying in one of his 5 star hotels. On the morning of the couple's last day, while they were at breakfast, two members of staff let themselves into their room and located both of their toothbrushes and a 35mm camera. One lad proceeded to insert, in turn, the business end of each toothbrushes up his chocolate starfish, while the other lad took a couple of photos with the couple's camera.

I wonder what the staff at Boots made of it. Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PJSki, there's a well-known Russian proverb which states, 'tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are.' Or was your 'mate' not one of the two members of staff in question?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don't belive that "anyone" would be so thoughtless as to want to bump this thread to over 900.

893 and counting Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wayne, you're right.

Boredsurfing, you're right too. Thanks for reminding me.
snow report
Can some one summarise the content of the previous 22 pages? I haven't got the time to read up.....
ski holidays
stiv24, no pain, no gain - we've had to read it all Laughing
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
PJSki, there's a well-known Russian proverb which states, 'tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are.' Or was your 'mate' not one of the two members of staff in question?

No, he was him and they were they. I expect you're now worrying about some of those under exposed pictures that appeared in amongst your holiday snaps back in the 35mm era? Well, maybe, just maybe, some of the ones you thought were accidental exposures taken as you fumbled around putting your camera back into your brown leather bag, err, weren't! Now, I know what you're probably also thinking, 'Christ, that long thing that was barely visible in those graining images was probably not one of my knitting needles either!"

Laughing
snow conditions
stiv24 wrote:
Can some one summarise the content of the previous 22 pages? I haven't got the time to read up.....

My impression is that the punters were unreasonable given the circumstances, and that their unreasonableness quickly turned into vindictiveness.
ski holidays
Oooh, maybe I will have to read it after all!
snow report
I wrote:
I don't belive that "anyone" would be so thoughtless as to want to bump this thread to over 900.

Very Happy
Toofy Grin
Smile
Madeye-Smiley
Sorry couldn't resist - 1,000 ?
ski holidays
Hurtle,
Quote:

In the mid 80s a mate of mine was working for a TO in Ibiza. At the end of one long season he had a very nasty couple staying in one of his 5 star hotels. On the morning of the couple's last day, while they were at breakfast, two members of staff let themselves into their room and located both of their toothbrushes and a 35mm camera. One lad proceeded to insert, in turn, the business end of each toothbrushes up his chocolate starfish, while the other lad took a couple of photos with the couple's camera.

Dont worry about it too much, its an ancient urban myth. I've heard dozens of variations of the theme.
ski holidays
SteveKirby wrote:
Hurtle,
Quote:

Dont worry about it too much, its an ancient urban myth. I've heard dozens of variations of the theme.

So, according to you, no one ever did anything like this? How about putting a bucket of water on top of a door so anyone opening the door gets wet? Is that an urban myth too?

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 8-07-10 8:03; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
PJSki,
Quote:

Is the an urban myth too?

Well, we know you are not.
snow report
PJSki, try to think before posting rubbish, there's a good chap. We know you'll still post it, but if you get into the habit of thinking first it will eventually help

http://www.snopes.com/racial/crime/toothbrush.asp
ski holidays
nbt wrote:
PJSki, try to think before posting rubbish, there's a good chap. We know you'll still post it, but if you get into the habit of thinking first it will eventually help

http://www.snopes.com/racial/crime/toothbrush.asp

A legend based upon fact, no doubt.
latest report
I think you'll find there's *PLENTY* of doubt
snow report
nbt wrote:
I think you'll find there's *PLENTY* of doubt

So it's your contention that such an occurrence has never happened in the history toothbrushes?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This toothbrush thing smells fishy to me - did someone shove their toothbrush somewhere else Puzzled

What was this thread about in any case
ski holidays
Boris wrote:
This toothbrush thing smells fishy to me - did someone shove their toothbrush somewhere else Puzzled

What, in a fish? Puzzled
ski holidays
Boris,
Quote:

What was this thread about in any case

SKI BEAT Limited
and customer service.
Also serves as a reminder (if we needed one) of why we prefer to drive to the Alps Very Happy
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, ah yes thanks - driving is so much less controversial, its not like we have long threads about tyres, chains and routes is it Laughing
ski holidays
Boris wrote:
Boredsurfing, ah yes thanks - driving is so much less controversial, its not like we have long threads about tyres, chains and routes is it Laughing

Nope, I've been driving over for 25+ years now so know nothing about it until I discovered snowHeads Cool
Should I buy an i-phone Toofy Grin
snow report
Quote:

SteveKirby wrote:
Hurtle,
Quote:

So, according to you, no one ever did anything like this? How about putting a bucket of water on top of a door so anyone opening the door gets wet? Is that an urban myth too?

Dont know; just sounds like a tired old story, trotted out to attract a bit of attention
latest report
Wow - over 900 posts.....good work people Very Happy

PJSki wrote:

My impression is that the punters were unreasonable given the circumstances, and that their unreasonableness quickly turned into vindictiveness.

Wrong!

We were treated abysmally & Ski Beat's complete denial & unwillingness to accept they handled the situation badly or to reimburse us for expenses incurred (food!) has set us on a path for revenge. I don't normally bear grudges but this one will last.
latest report
Snow Joke, So, to summarise, they pee'd you off, you clearly pee'd them off, Pandora coined a new phrase and nobody died. Ermmm... Get over it?
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, Wish you'd said that at the begining and saved me having to read the 900+ posts Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Snow Joke wrote:
Wow - over 900 posts.....good work people Very Happy

PJSki wrote:

Wrong!

We were treated abysmally & Ski Beat's complete denial & unwillingness to accept they handled the situation badly or to reimburse us for expenses incurred (food!) has set us on a path for revenge. I don't normally bear grudges but this one will last.

I suggest you go to the courts then and leave it at that. But hold on, it's revenge you want not justice!

In a week when I was humbled by the copper who has probably lost his sight but bears no hatred toward his attacker, you come along to remind me just how pathetic people can be.
latest report
After a very pleasant hour spent reading this thread (#1 post award goes to chrisdavis), I have still decided to use SkiBeat for a holiday next season.

What's the worst that could happen, eh?
ski holidays
The tread that will never die.

Quote:

What's the worst that could happen, eh?
For them... you might turn up.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy