Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Beat - the worst ski trip experience ever?

Poster: A snowHead
Ernst Goldsmith wrote:
PJSki wrote:
They were just confused because the SCGB ceefax snow reports were telling a different story to the TO rep.

Do you like the concept of ... surprise?

I actually like the concept of ... correct information.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I actually enjoy the concept of ... correct information.

Best snow on the upper slopes wink

Are those reports supplied by Ski Club reps or is it more High tech than that these days?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought they only knew the conditions "a little bit off piste"

Please start new debate and/or slanging match here...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Quote:

Are those reports supplied by Ski Club reps or is it more High tech than that these days?

I don't know, as I never read them. I'm only interest in the weather forecast. Last I heard the SCGB were working on a new way of doing the reports involving video and that resort locals were going to do them. So if the best snow is indeed one the upper slopes you will be able to view an HD video that proves it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've read pages 1,2,15 & 16 - did I miss anything life changing in between?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ctskifam, try the suggestions and requests department Confused
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ctskifam, actually, just spotted what you do. No, you need to read everything and make a full report on what you would have done differently Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, that is a trap I am not about to stroll into! wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
One thing that confuses me from the OP. If you raise your voice to be heard over someone's shouting, are you in fact shouting? Or even shouting back at them?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah it's a shame that there's so much diversion and tit-for-tat squabbling as it was an interesting original post and it would've been nice to find out what the ultimate outcome was and if and how ski beat ultimately respond.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ctskifam, Have you or any of your staff ever lost it and screamed at a customer?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
haha the swear word filter got me on t1t-for-tat ! quality.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Gazzza, don't worry we all make an back bottom of ourselves sometimes. Darn!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bode Swiller wrote:
an back bottom

Is that what you typed?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bode Swiller, not as far as I know, and we're small enough that I'd know. I used to work for Crystal and Thomson though, but I think we best not go there...
latest report
rayscoops wrote:
This is a classic example of a typical controversial Snowheads thread - first a post dishing some dirt on someone or something, next loads of sympathy and blind support, then follows a few 'what about the other side' posts and then some more information is made available that suggests the original post is some what one sided and not quite tyhe full picture wink , a quick five pages then follow with new people chipping in saying on page 8 what was already said on page 3, .............. then eventually the thread gets taken over by the old SCGB lags and hacks looking for any chance to grind their axes again ... and again .... and again
Brilliant summary! Smile
snow report
Anyway, getting on to the subject of Hitler...
snow conditions
Sorry to post somewhat on topic rolling eyes just got home from work and there is a cheque from Snowjet waiting for me for £775. Hoorah.
snow report
PJSki wrote:
Boredsurfing wrote:
Quote:

I don't know, as I never read them. I'm only interest in the weather forecast. Last I heard the SCGB were working on a new way of doing the reports involving video and that resort locals were going to do them. So if the best snow is indeed one the upper slopes you will be able to view an HD video that proves it.

I'd be inclined to trust the keen, young rep on the bus who skis every day over the older, unfit SCGB rep who spends all his time hassling the resort bars and shops for cheap stuff, but perhaps my experience of SCGB reps just hasn't been positive.
latest report
Shimmy Alcott, there you go. The thing with these kinds of claims is even when they are agreed it does take time for the admin. to be done.
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, excellent news, can we now get back to the important Ski Beat of Great Britain topic wink
snow report
PJSki, this wasnt a complaint, the complaint one is dead and buried. This was for a New Year trip - didn't complain, they offered the refund. Guess there are decent companies out the after all, I will certainly be singing their praises and a big thanks to Barry who actually really understood the inconvenience - instead of just rubbishing it off as "these things happen - deal with it". I know who WILL be getting my money next time snowHead
snow report
albinomountainbadger wrote:
PJSki wrote:
Boredsurfing wrote:
Quote:

I'd be inclined to trust the keen, young rep on the bus who skis every day over the older, unfit SCGB rep who spends all his time hassling the resort bars and shops for cheap stuff, but perhaps my experience of SCGB reps just hasn't been positive.

She was wrong, it's that simply. I don't remember the rep there being all that older or unfit. Not sure if he went around the shop scrounging, though, as I only followed him around the piste not the resort as that might be regarded as stalking.
ski holidays
I confess to stirring slightly. I also confess that during my previous lives repping I was inclined to always tell punters it would snow on Wednesday. This was a safe bet as by Wednesday it would either have indeed snowed or they would have forgotten.
snow report
albinomountainbadger wrote:
I confess to stirring slightly. I also confess that during my previous lives repping I was inclined to always tell punters it would snow on Wednesday. This was a safe bet as by Wednesday it would either have indeed snowed or they would have forgotten.

Class. Laughing
snow report
albinomountainbadger, Your description of the SCGB rep is probably unfair to some, certainly makes me even more sure that the rep for Les Arcs is very different from the average ' blanket weaving ' as a hobby sort of SCGB rep.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 26-01-10 18:04; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, nice one! Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Hurtle, Thank you wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing, add to my confessions that despite spending a very enjoyable season and a few holidays in Les Arcs I did not meet the SCGB rep there and he or she may be an absolute star with a standard, shop-purchased blanket.
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
albinomountainbadger, Your description of the SCGB rep is probably unfair to some, certainly makes me even more sure that the rep for Les Arcs is very different from the average ' blanket weaving ' as a hobby sort of SCGB rep.

If you're referring to who I think you are referring to, he is the one who famously put a stop to some very dodgy dealings in Val d'Isere a few years back. He's probably done more than most in recent times to force the SCGB to take a good look at what some of their reps were getting up to in resort. But don't let the truth get in the way of a good bit of smearing. wink
latest report
rayscoops wrote:
then eventually the thread gets taken over by the old SCGB lags and hacks looking for any chance to grind their axes again ... and again .... and again Laughing funny if you have been on Snowheads a while but not so funny if you are new to the site Sad

Lol........took the words right out of me mouth.

Like you, rayscoops, I'm not that au fait with most of the previous, but the refugees from "the other place" certainly don't seem to have learnt/forgiven much.

Sometimes it's funny, of'times it's just very petty, and in turn, a poisonous mistress.
snow conditions
Look - NO BLOOD, NO BROKEN BONES.

It was not the worst ski holiday ever.

Transport problems- fairly bad- although I've had longer delays.

Communication from SB- poor.

Attitude of resort managers- very poor. Mind you is it surprising that retired policemen start shouting when people are unhappy / stand up to them?
snow conditions
anyone noticed any changes to the OP ? wink
latest report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
.....and a big thanks to Barry who actually really understood the inconvenience - instead of just rubbishing it off as "these things happen - deal with it". I know who WILL be getting my money next time snowHead

Hooray for Barry - give that man a medal! He was an absolute star during the flight delay. I called him nearly every hour to get an update on what was happenning and he was very open and honest with the information he passed on and remained polite & friendly for the duration - a shining example of what good customer service looks like Very Happy ....Ski Beat could learn a thing or two from him.
ski holidays
perthpowchaser wrote:
including one night where one of the chalet girls locked herself out of her apartment so came into our chalet and made a drunken racket then jumped on top of one of the guests in his bed.

This generally counts as a great holiday IMO.
snow conditions
stoatsbrother wrote:

I think it is disgusting of Ernst Goldsmith to post his name repeatedly on this open, google-searcheable forum area when he has nothing to do with either the topic or any arguments that have ensued. Time for a complaint to the mods if he doesn't. But this is DGs Modus Operandi.

As I am only posting trying to get MO's name deleted - I will stay out of this thread from now on, but will report it to the mods if DG has not done the decent thing by close of play tonight. Shame on him. Sad

All references to the person concerned (that I could edit - there are one or two quotes) have been changed to 'Members Only'.
It's not clear what happened to your report to the mods.
I'll emulate your good example and stay out of this thread from now on.
Good night, and good luck.
snow conditions
stoatsbrother wrote:

ah! four X Laughing
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Sorry to post somewhat on topic rolling eyes just got home from work and there is a cheque from Snowjet waiting for me for £775. Hoorah.

Good to hear.

And also good that you post the positive outcome.
snow report
Ernst Goldsmith, thanks for doing that.
snow conditions
stoatsbrother wrote:

It could just be one of the mods expressing their deep affection for Terry....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy