Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nomad Blackeye?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What do you think?

175 tall, 80kgs, strong intermediate 3 times a year skier, will be used 80% on piste 20% off;

171 or 178?

ti or standard?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Steve
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SteveKirby, no idea about nomad blackeyes, but are you selling some race sc's on ebay by chance?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Correct Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm about 70kg 175 tall and have blackeye ti in 164. Love them snowHead ! Great off piste and shreds through crud and cannon snow. They really shine hammering it down reds carving, loads of acceleration out the turns, stable at speed. You really have to be aggressive with them to get the most out of them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks properjob, so being 20odd pounds heavier than you 171 be about right then? Youve not skied the non ti have you?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SteveKirby, I've skied 171 std on and off piste albeit briefly (I'm shorter and lighter than you) and if I were you imho go for 171 ti for better piste performance, 178 std for better off piste ride.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks slikedges
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm 190 ibs 86 Kg and ski the 171cm Blackeye Ti 2010
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Think thats the one for me, thanks madmole,
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bought some 2008 Blackeye's and all i can say is how fantastic they are... On piste hard fast carving no problem, off piste they float and turn no problem... Used them 3 vallees, paradiski, colorado in everything from cordoroy to waist deep... I'm 6'2" and 90kg, fit and agressive... Gripe- they get scratched easy and not considered 'cool'... Will buy another pair anyday... Previous skis- B2, B3, Tornado, XWing etc
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Had a pair for 3 years now (got them in Canada the season before the European launch). best described as 'bloody brilliant'. Genuine all mountain equipment, handles powder well, carves suberbly, good straight line stability @ speed. nicely stiff when it needs to be, the width underfoot makes it very useable on piste, and helps keep it pretty nimble. Not comprimised in powder in anyway, and certainly a lot lighter than my previouse SXB5.
Im' 5'6", 75kg, strong/agressive advanced skier. skiing @163cm, wouldn't go any shorter or longer as I find that 163 gives everything I want. I spoke to the Atomic rep in Canada before buying, he recommended going slightly longer than with a skier cross ski, he wasn't wrong.
Absolutely would go for another pairexactly the same , today if anyone can do e a really good deal!
Lolve the Damn thing Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers Bob, and greatkit, thanks for the feedback
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy