Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland from Manc, midweek or 22-24 Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Anyone fancy a couple of days in Scotland if the weather sorts itself out this week. Driving up from Manchester.
Could maybe take a day or two off work if conditions look epic. Otherwise drive up on Friday.

cheers

Alex
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like you're having no luck here - maybe try the Winterhighland Lifts to the Hills section and you could also mention that you're looking to team up with people from the north of England on the Scotland 09/10 thread here. Also check out this thread too.

Conditions still awesome so enjoy Very Happy

Best of luck snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been watching this thread and the others before it, going to hold out to see what the conditions are like on Thursday.
What time Friday and what part of Mancheter are you?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If I go, it'll be sometime after 4pm. From Trafford park or Timperley.
I'd be going up on the campervan.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stephen,
Are you based in Manchester? Would you be up for a trip tomorrow?
If so then perhaps you could phone oh seven nine seven seven 057240.
cheers

Alex
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wigan area, I wouldn't be able to get out of work before 17:00 and it takes 30 minutes to get to Trafford Park, probably worse with Friday traffic and the dreaded M62 east.

Didn't see your post so went ahead and booked things so I'm commited to going (hotel booked).
I'll see you on the slopes maybe.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Probs too late for you to read before you go but looks like The Coe might be the pick of the bunch tomorrow and over the weekend - 6 inches of fresh last night!

Wherever you end up hope you have a great time snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah too late, went Cairngorm the first day, total whiteout. Forgot to take my poles, there were no shops selling them so I had to queue for 2 hours to rent some in which case I asked the guy if I could just buy them to save queuing again.

Didn't want to do Cairngorn again as a result so went Glenshee via The Lecht, quite liked it maybe it was just the whiteout but Glenshee felt so much bigger that Cairngorn. Still a bit of a whiteout but when it cleared got some good runs out. Glad I went in the end.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry to hear that Stephen_, nearest shops that'd sell poles would be in either Aviemore or at the SOS shop near the Rothiemurcus shop which is back down the ski road, I don't think they sell 'em at the Glenmore shop. Ski hire queue on the mountain is a nightmare and for hiring poles the Glenmore shop would probably have sorted you out okay. Yeah apparently Saturday was a poor day for visibility but Sunday apparently much better at Cairngorm with some sun, Glenshee has much larger lift served area though.

Glad you enjoyed it in the end Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good to hear that you got up there skiing.
I went to the Coe in the end. Picked up a mate in Glasgow, which was just as well cos the petrol bill from Manchester is ruinous.
Anyway the visibility was great on Saturday, less good on Sunday but almost no queues. Had a great time on the Flypaper for the first time and multiple runs down the Canyon.
Few beers and a barbecue on the Saturday night. Excellent weekend in all.
I can't make it this weekend but it might be worth organising something for a future weekend. Perhaps the man with the Skoda on the other thread might be on for a trip as well, ... assuming he isn't you.

cheers
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy