Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off Piste Les Arcs/P-Vallandry

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone point me towards some decent off piste runs in this area? For the last couple of dumps I've found myself doing the Derby trees, dropping off the Arcaboulle (apologies for spelling) ridge, and doing Mont Blanc and Deux Tetes down to 1600. It's been pretty fun, but I'm looking to find more routes to try. Can anyone suggest any?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The boys instructor took them off piste from the top of the Grizzly Lift down to the village of Nancroix

I have no idea of the route but just wanted to say how jealous I am of them
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
northy014, Send a PM to snowcrazy, he's pretty familiar with the area, maybe better not to post actual routes on the web where there's a danger for gung-ho idiots to injure themselves thouigh?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nbt, quite agree good advice.

northy014, if you want to ask stuff about Les Arcs it is better to post on the snow reports Les Arcs thread. Pm me if you want to meet up, but you must have your own safety gear. How long are you out for and where are you based.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OR buy a copy of this http://www.amazon.fr/cl%C3%A9s-Paradiski-hors-pistes-bilingue-fran%C3%A7ais-anglais/dp/2952249806?tag=amz07b-21 It's the local off-piste guidebook. It's in both french & english & you should be able to pick it up in any of the local book/magazine shops.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers all, will PM sc.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi guys,
I'm thinking of importing these guide books, and I can get you a copy of the les arcs / la plagne one in a week. Do you think there is much demand in the UK? From my point of view, I always like to buy the maps and guide books BEFORE I get to resort so I have time to do my research and hit the ground running.

They cost 40 euros in resort and I am going to sell them at £45 + postage. Let me know your thoughts......

Cheers.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
offpisteguides, hi welcome to snowheads, would also be intrested in selling these types of guides if you are thinking of importing give me a callor email sometime
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boris wrote:
The boys instructor took them off piste from the top of the Grizzly Lift down to the village of Nancroix

Thats the most amazing walk in summer Very Happy OH has done the winter version too, & loved it Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boris wrote:

I did that with P S-G a few years ago, ended up going past a monastery, down to a bus stop for the return to the yoghurt pots. really nice run, through trees and open meadows.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
livetoski wrote:
offpisteguides, hi welcome to snowheads, would also be intrested in selling these types of guides if you are thinking of importing give me a callor email sometime

Thanks for the welcome! Not sure what's happening with the books at the moment as it's a bit up in the air, but will keep you posted.
I checked out your website, love the front loop (is that what they're called?) clip, some serious stuff!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
frank4short, offpisteguides, livetoski, just read your posts about the guide books, the one for les arcs has another local name, 'the death book'. Sorry to sound so morbid but every year some unsupecting person reads a route in there and thinks, great now i know enough to go and do it. Then finds what they think is the correct route but get's it wrong and sometimes gets killed.

Whilst guide books are a great reference, they are not enough. So even if you have read the book, like it says in the front section. Take a guide, do not think reading the book is enough. Take care out there.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowcrazy, totally agree with you on that one, would always recommend a guide on routes not taken before. As with any type of off piste media, I love watching TGR Movies but always take note of the warning "Do not Attempt" especially at my age now.

Also like Transceivers and Air Bags, they are no subsitute for good mountain practice and avalanche awareness course.

However, I suspect, many people enjoy reading, planning and getting ready for there ski trip almost as much as the trip itself and therefore with the right information, guide books can be a benefit.

I have always wanted to make a collection of DVD movies for the major resorts showing the pisted runs and off piste routes from a skiers perspective, geared to different levels of ability etc. but time and money never allowed, this type of media could help snow sports fans decide which resort to visit but as you say never replace a good guide on an off piste route.

hope to meet up when I finally get out to Les Arc
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spyderman wrote:
Boris wrote:

I did that with P S-G a few years ago, ended up going past a monastery, down to a bus stop for the return to the yoghurt pots. really nice run, through trees and open meadows.

Yep - that's pretty much what they did.

Now I'm really narked Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy