Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Frrestyle/All Mountain snowboards

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just managed to get back on line and need some advice.

Me and my misses are out for the season and decided we NEED new boards (we dont just want them)!!

The reason is we both have all mountain stiff boards which are great for a one week holiday. I ride a custom x and she has a K2 Luna.

We are looking to get a freestyle/all mountain board. Something nice ans flexible with good pop but want something that will hold up when stinking it on the piste. Not really too concerned about off piste because our boards are both awesome in the powder!!!

So advice/reccomendations for a 154/155 mens and a 147/148 womans.

Cheers guys!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Although slightly larger than you specify, you could try getting hold of one of the YES 156.5s (although I believe these are like rocking horse 5hit at the mo). The K2 Slayblade also looks awesome.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Slayblade maybe to stiff. Try the Believer or perhaps a Signal OG. Both great boards with loads of pop and hold an edge well (for me anyway)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I just got an Atomic Hatchet 162 to supplement my burton 168 as a non powder board.
Bloody great board. Quite flexy but not too flexy. No chatter straightlining Reds. Really great pop.

And very cheap!

The do 145 to 162

I ended up using mine in powder one day (set bindings back) needs a little more speed than burton, but floats fine.

http://youtube.com/v/lhJRF6oVtbc

Tux
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tuxpoo, looks good !
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Custom v rocker 156 is what i'm riding over here. Can try mine if you want pm me as i'm out for season to. It handles everything. Apart from me failing go the snowpark
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I got a Bataleon Evil Twin 155 for the same sort of reasons - something to play around on but still capable of handling pretty much anything. Great flex, plenty pop. The TBT, light weight and a centred stance means it's great for spins, tricks and riding switch without worrying about catching an edge too much! For pure freestyle I would have gone for the 151 but wanted a slighty longer board to cope with all conditions.

I also noticed a significant difference in the flex feel when I moved from my stiff Salomon bindings to a set of Union Force bindings which let the flex pattern work better.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Prior AMF, does what it says on the tin (AMF= All Mountain Freestyle).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
burton hero and lib tech skate banana are good for both
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've just got a new Burton Lipstick, it's loads of fun and lots of pop, maybe perfect for your misses. enjoy! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy