Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

flatland 1's - please help, I can only do b/s!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What the hell. I know Im 100kg (not fat, just athletic heavy Toofy Grin ) but Im really struggling with f/s 1's on flat land.

I want to be able to get them down before moving onto small kickers next month on holiday, as I dont want to run straight all week and feel scared to spin!

I was at the skidome last week, noone on the nursery slope so spent an hour practicing. I've been doing b/s 1's off rollers and flat land for a while, so practiced a few of those and tried to move to f/s.

I just cant get the board round before it comes back down. I seem to jump the same height as the b/s, still using my head/upper torso to initiate the spin, and I can do it fine when Im stationary. As soon as Im moving, I feel like I lose all ability to get the board spinning fast enough, and I feel dead trying to spin when I try to do it off a slight heel edge.

Please help, it also doesnt help that there are a load of kids half my age doing 1', butters etc around me because they are 30kgs and made of rubber.

Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd love to help but didn't understand a word of that.

Layne, a skier, who is thinking if I learn to board, I've got to learn a new language aswell Blush
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
f/s is front side rotation. 1's? Are you talking about frontside 180's?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yes, front side 180's are what im struggling with. Sorry for the abbreviations
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pop off your heels, open your body up, eyeball exactly where you want your toe edges to land. Land.
Or, ollie high, turn 45, land on the nose and finish the 1 on the nose, again eyeballing where you want your toe edge to be all the time.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy