Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Folie Douce Val D'isere - what's all that about then?

Poster: A snowHead
rolling eyes We are being told by friends this is a must while we are there, any thoughts?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 15-01-10 19:02; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's basically a mountain restaurant, just up from La Daille (bubble down if had too many!) Folice Douce often has bands on the roof pumping out music and it has a great atmosphere. Here's a picture from last seasons closing party, madness, if only we'd taken a video http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oxford-United-Kingdom/Ski-Concierge/112932477160?v=photos&ref=ts#/photo.php?pid=2430999&id=112932477160 . You can see the band to the right of the picture, to the left is the VIP area, not sure how you get in there though! It's brilliant fun, and well worth a visit, quite expensive though as you can imagine.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 15-01-10 18:46; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry to contradict you liz09, but it's dreadful, unreservedly hideous. If I didn't have to walk through it from the gondala up from La Daille I wouldn't darken it's doors. The name is enough to draw enough people there, so they don't have to worry about repeat custom and therefore charge whatever they like for food and drink, and take positive pleasure in a sneering condescending attitude. Then they charge you €1 to go to the toilet. You think you've experienced rip-off prices in mountain restaurants? You 'aint seen nothing until you've been to the Folly Douch. And as for the clientele, it's the largest collection of try-hards and wanna-be's outside of a Ibiza club queue (VIP area at a mountain restaurant? Purleeeze).

*Old joke alert*

Q. How do you know it's someone's first visit to the Folly Douch?
A. They are at the Folly Douch.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Laughing Laughing mmm! I think the jury will be out on this one for a while
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We had lunch there Christmas day in the Fruiterie, the restaurant on the right hand side. Sorry - Dr John, but I don't think I fall into the category of try-hard and wannabes! No it's not cheap but the food was excellent and the service and atmosphere v. good.

Not sure I would bother to stop just for a coffee as there are plenty of cheaper coffees to be found!

By the way, a few other lunches of mine were enjoyed sitting on the pavement in Val having bought a filled French stick from the 'hole in the wall' place next to the Grand Marnier cafe in the centre of Val (don't know what it's called but it's really good and their Croque Mousieurs lovely!).

A gem in La Daille is the restaurant underneath Rosies bar opposite the Samovar Hotel. Lovely friendly place and great food.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bluebell, I did, of course, forget about the Fruiterie, which as you say is a decent restaurant, if a little pricey. They rest of it though, the part that 90% of the suckers, sorry, customers, go to, you can keep.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tip: refer to is as the Folie Douce unless you want to be thoroughly laughed at. Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard, maybe douche is appropriate:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=douche
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rolling eyes I think we all know the place I was talking about, not bothered about being laughed at re the typo - whatever!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
well I thought it was good fun anyway, depends if you're happy to buy one pint and sit and soak up the atmosphere whilst sipping your beer slowly!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kiters, it's more than just a typo, it's a whole different word.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OMG I have changed it, not speaking French didnt realise the error, I am so sorry to have offended you LOL, I now know why my friends say stay clear of these forums!! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kiters, who's offended? Lighten up there.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kiters, we went there on resort closing day, and it was good fun. They had snowboarders and skiers performing their tricks in front of the restaurant, it was a lovely sunny day and they had a very good band playing on the roof. Yes, there were a few posers about, but generally it was laid back and fun.

Give it a try, you don't have tp return do you ?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I love the place - admittedly the drinks are way too expensive but it is themed as Ibiza on the slopes and that is what you get - great tunes, fabulous singers and musicians, happy people, and dancing in ski boots - it is what apres ski is all about and definitely classier than Austria.

There are plenty of other places to have a coffee / apres drink on the way down the mountain at the end of the day if it is not your cup of tea, but I'll generally be found at La Folie Douce
ski holidays
We were based in LaDaille last year. The restaurant I remember best is "Le Trifollet", we had lunch there one day, about half-way down the Diebold piste - excellent food.
snow report
HChalkley, Agree. Lovely for a coffee but also good to eat upstairs as well.
ski holidays
the place at the top of Toviere is great for a sundowner, good atmosphere and incredible views. Cracking long last runs down to La Daille or Tignes as an added bonus.
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/9QU_mMMGbgk
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy