Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SCGB insurance may not cover American Backcountry skiing.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As just came up on the offpiste insurance thread, there is confusion about whether the SCGB insurance (which covers offpiste even without a guide and touring) covers US an d Canadian Backcountry. The insurers say no but the Ski Club say yes.
This came to light because the person who started the other thread was told by the insurers that it was not covered. I checked and the agent checked with her supervisor and they said the same.
I have just been been in contact with the Ski Club and they had thought that the deal they negotiated with the insurance company did cover the US back country. They are going to clear this up with the Insurance company. It is unclear if the misunderstanding is between the ski Club and the Insurance or within the Insurance company - those lower down the chain having misunderstood the policy agreed with the Ski Club. What is certain (according to the Ski Club official I spoke to) is that Backcountry was always intended to be covered and must be covered. They are looking into it.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowball, hmm I have just renewed my annual SC policy and had (as one does) automatically assumed it would cover what it always has done. Fortunately I'm not intending to ski in NA this season. Another slightly concerning phrase which appeared on my screen during renewal was "the underwriters will not insure over 65's for hazardous activities" - I'm sure they did that before? Doesn't give me long - time to retire and get more skiing done Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yoda wrote:
Another slightly concerning phrase which appeared on my screen during renewal was "the underwriters will not insure over 65's for hazardous activities" -

that must rule out half the Ski Club membership Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof, exactly Toofy Grin This could mean that one of the few reasons I have for remaining a member will go the way of all things......
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Do the terms and conditions of the policy wording specifically exclude US backcountry skiing? I can't see how all this can be addressed by phone calls.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No, backcountry is not specifically mentioned on the insurance website, including the FAQs.

I'm off to pack now, I'll be heading to the haute Maurienne early tomorrow, so probably won't be able to follow this topic for a while Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy