Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been to Ischgl lately?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just curious how the conditions have been? Haven't seen to many heavy snowfalls in the region. Just curious how the runs have been lately. We leave in 2 weeks! Thanks all!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
redhead0209, I was there for a week over Christmas, and there was plenty of snow on the runs then. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are also heading to ischgl in 2 weeks (23rd).There snow average is way down so far this year.The top seems ok at 80cm but the lower slopes only have 25cm which is poor compared to all the other Austrian resorts.Hopefully they get a dump late next week or this will be our 4th year in a row with below average snow!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You don't need too much snow on lower slopes at Ischgl as most of the skiing is up top. Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
redhead0209, Just back from Kappl. Very cold and sunny the whole week with only a few cm of snow falling whilst there. Skied Ischgl one day and snow conditions were absolutely fine - ie compacted dry powder. Did not ski run back to resort as the end pitch looked too steep for my youngest and I had heard that it does get a bit mental later on in day, but the snow looked absolutely fine from above. Conditions in Kappl were same with only a very few minor icy patches in places not covered by cannons. As long as the cold snap continues you'll be absolutely fine with no further snow
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Was in Ischgl early december when snow stats were similar. Home run was a bit rough towards the bottom but everywhere else was in great shape..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Went for the opening party on 26th November and the snow on the top third of the mountain was excellent....even then. It was snowing heavily when we left and the snow levels now are far greater than they were in Nov. You don't need much snow below the mid station as the resort runs are all grass based rather than rock based but the snow is usually artificial at least in part so it feels sugary and or icy. However,if your party want to leave Ischgl with a full complement of limbs and heads then you'd do well not to bother even attemtping to ski home to village after about 3pm.... a 20 stone geeezer with 10 litres of lager and a schnapps chaser with each consumed over the course of 4 hours on the mountain WILL take you out and it WILL hurt wink Good advice gleaned from many trips to Ischgl is to enjoy your day on the mountain then take one of the three queue free gondolas down the feast on the wild and wonderful apres ski in town. As I said I've been many times to Ischgl from end of November to mid April and have NEVER EVER had any cause for complaint about the snow.... or the village... or the accommodation.... or the apres... or anything for that matter!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I am sure the snow conditions will be fine. Thanks again for the advice - especially about skiing down to the village. Would like to arrive back home with all my limbs!!! Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skied in ischgl from 10th to the 14th of this month.
the skiing is not brilliant as it has not snowed good since december 28th,plenty of ice on the slopes before mid-day,the cannons and groomers are doing the best they can for the slopes,
my advice is to be the first on the gondola out of ischgl,then head away from the main area and you will get some great runs in.

carry your skis poles and boots up to the main area and when your finished skiing put normal shoes back on and go down in the gondola because the run down to ischgl in the evening is crazy and dangerous.
downstairs at the top of the gondola is a depot for leaving your belongings in.its safe and cheap.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy