Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys Mountain Restaurants

Poster: A snowHead
Off for a boys week to Meribel end of next week, does anyone have any favourite mountain restaurants in the Three Valleys with plenty of atmosphere and decent food? I was going to say not "rip off" but we are going to the 3V's I'll start the lost off with the Bel Air.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i have a few recommendations on my site have a look....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bouc Blanc bottom of the Loze chair ....great views reasonable-ish

I know you asked for mountain but there is a great one opposite the gap in the buildings at the base of 1650 - can't remember its name....chair outsite dark wood good pizza's good service

Are you rich?.......yes well then how about the The COURCHENEIGE Hotel..you may even catch a sunbathing russkie on the deck chairs
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Les Menuires Valley:

Grand Lac (bottom of the Grand Lac Chair)
Corbelys (top and to the right of the St Martin I bubble)
La Ferme (on the RHS of the Boyes piste, Reberty/Les Men)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not in Meribel, but in Val Thorens try the Frog and Roastbeef - really good food (British-so if your looking for local cuisine, probably not for you) and great atmosphere.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Adray Telebar, as mentioned by SM - the veau a la creme is one of the great mountain dishes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Le Dalia in St Martin, L'Eterlou in 1650, and one more vote for Boud Blanc. Whatever you do avoid Kalico in 1850, hateful place.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Brown Cow in Mottaret for cheap 'snacky' lunches and some of the cheapest beer in the 3V's.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chalet des Neiges in Les Menuires (on the Allemands piste) does really decent food of the pizza/pasta/salad variety at very reasonable (for the 3V) prices. My favourite lunch stop in the 3V Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jo225 wrote:
Chalet des Neiges in Les Menuires (on the Allemands piste) does really decent food of the pizza/pasta/salad variety at very reasonable (for the 3V) prices. My favourite lunch stop in the 3V Smile

You beat me to it - Plat du Jour 10.50, Steak and Chips 10.50, huge Pizzas that you can share. Can't beat it really!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Ski Lodge in LaTania is good value and service. On the left behind the beginers tow, at the bottom of the blue run. Very entertaining watching the waiters rush about on a poor weather day as well.
Also like a creperie (spelling Sad ) in ValT, but can't remember the name, but it's on the right in the corner if you come into town from Meribel/Mt du Chambre down the black and/or blue and across the first bridge (is that vague enough?).

adrian
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DavidYacht, if you are over in the VT valley I'd recommend Chalet Deux Lacs - great French Onion Soup. Log fire and nice atmosphere inside and big sundeck out the front if the weather is good. It's just above the Deux Lacs chair. Another one in town is Le Blanchot wine bar (go up the retour magic carpet and its hidden away across the street from the Galoubet. They do fantastic (big) savoyarde omelettes and salads among other things and have a cracking wine selection. Good for a long boozy lunch. Popular with locals and it's a small place so you need to book. Both are good value.

There is also a nice place down in St Martin. Can't remember the name but walk 100m into town from the bottom of the drag lift and it's on the right hand side. Even better value.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
and apparently they've opened up a franchise of Val Dizzies' Folie Douce in ValT, top of the 3 Vallees 1 chair lift. Initial reports are promising, although if they are anywhere near the prices of the original I'll be giving it a wide berth (I'm obviously used to inflated prices and accept them in the main, but that place just make me angry with their blatant mugging, and having relived me €25 for a plate of spag bol and a small beer, they still go and charge you for using the bog, ffs).

Arrrrggghhhhh. Sorry scrub that, I've just found these:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1240946636576&ref=mf

http://youtube.com/v/VwUmkJpIybM&feature=related

If they think they're getting any of my custom they've got another thing coming...

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 13-01-10 18:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cfc5mu0 wrote:

I know you asked for mountain but there is a great one opposite the gap in the buildings at the base of 1650 - can't remember its name....chair outsite dark wood good pizza's good service

I think this is the L'Eterlou at the bottom of Courchevel 1650. Agree it is really good. Oppostite it is the Bubble Bar which is good for a cheap panini and Mutzig. They also serve tea in pots!

I can also really recommend the L'Ours Blanc in Reberty/Les Menuires. Ski down from the top of the Doron chair keeping the chair on your left and halfway down the restraurant is signposted on the left. It is a smart hotel with a lovely terrace overlooking La Masse. Great menu, food and service and really good value.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another vote for Deux Lacs in VT area - just off of Deux Lacs lift. I would post the link to a good reasonably recent thread where this was done recently for you, but the search engine is still playing silly things at the moment.
ski holidays
And another vote for Deux Lacs. Also, agree with Ski Lodge in La Tania and Bel Air.

Again, off the slopes a bit in 1650 but worth walking a few metres - Schuss Bar. It's amazing how much difference in price with no discernable downturn in quality a few metres of real estate between the restaurant and the skiable terrain makes.

Had a great sirloin for 16 bing bongs on the side of the nursery slope in VT, Hotel Montana? Powder blue Chesterfield in entrance - class!
ski holidays
And another vote for Deux Lacs. Also, agree with Ski Lodge in La Tania and Bel Air.

Again, off the slopes a bit in 1650 but worth walking a few metres - Schuss Bar. It's amazing how much difference in price with no discernable downturn in quality a few metres of real estate between the restaurant and the skiable terrain makes.

Had a great sirloin for 16 bing bongs on the side of the nursery slope in VT, Hotel Montana? Powder blue Chesterfield in entrance - class!
latest report
Glee.............working search function again Very Happy Very Happy

This is the link about restaurants in VT http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1385689
ski holidays
And another vote for Deux Lacs, in VT. Their deserts are excellent!
Ski Lodge in La Tania has reasonable priced food (for the 3V's), maybe. If you can find a place that's not taken up by off duty seasonaires, sipping their small beers!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy