Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Paging regular users of GVA airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to book my flights for a week-long trip. I am torn between flying out on Friday after work (my usual modus operandi) and getting the first flight on Saturday morning.

All other things being equal, I'd prefer the Saturday because it will mean my last day at work will be slightly less stressful but I am concerned that Geneva will be a s41t-show on Saturday mornings - and input from regular visitors there? I'll be flying Swiss, arriving at about 9am and probably hiring a car so queues for car hire will be relevant - they are usually small to non-existent late on a Friday evening
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would always vote for going the night before. Getting up early for the 1st flight out of blighty means I'm always tired for the rest of the day and never ski properly. The additional cost of another hotel night is always offset by the benefit of proper night's kip in a proper bed.

I also dislike the stress of any delay eating into my day's skiing. At Christmas I travelled with Crystal and despite leaving BHX on time at 07.00 we had a 2 1/2 hour wait for a delayed flight from Gatwick and a load of messing about on the bus selling ski passes and rental kit which meant that, despite only having a 1 1/2 hr transfer to Hockgurgl, we arrived in resort at 3.00pm! Too late to ski that day.

Go the night before.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've only once arrived that early on a Saturday morning and there were no queues at any of the car hire desks. The airport normally has a good reputation for snow clearance (I've never been delayed there because of snow) but early this week it seemed a bit flaky. I wonder if this was partly tied up with the ongoing baggage handler disruption?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tiger2, would generally agree with you but this is an 11 day trip as it is so only being able to ski on the afternoon of the first day isn't a killer for me, whereas getting out of the office for 5pm on my last day for a week can induce heart attacks! i'll only want a warm-up on the first day anyway

cheers rob@rar - Sat morning is looking favourite
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been there on quite a few Saturdays, and its never been an issue really, early, late or mid-season. Never busy enough that I've noticed and been annoyed anyway.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Are you trying to avoid me Arno?
You know I don't fly Swiss....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The TO flights go into another terminal at GVA so you wouldn't normally see them making the main terminal a joy to behold that early on a Saturday morning - although flying SWISS may lead you into baggage problems unless the strikes get resolved as they are handled by swissport from what I understand.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno, We've recently decided to give up on the last flight out on Fridays....they always seem to be delayed, with a whole day for problems to build up, we never get off on time and are often stuck with paying a late pick up fee for the car hire because we arrive after the desk has officially "closed". Early Saturday mornings for us from now on, we've yet to find out if that's going to be any better!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rungsp, making an exception and flying Swiss because I will have too much gear to get it for free with BA

i'll be on BA738 next Wednesday - should i look out for you? Wink

sarep, cheers - i thought that was the case but wasn't sure. this isn't until the end of March so heavy snow in Geneva should be less likely and hopefully this labour dispute will be sorted by then
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Being a regular visitor to GVA I would say you should be fine on a Saturday morning provided;
> Baggage handlers stop play silly bugs
> Taxi drivers stop playing silly bugs
> Snow clearing team stop playing silly bugs

But there again they're all playing silly bugs no matter what day of teh week it is...... by going early they will have had less chance of totally screwing up the airport though!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy