Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nike ACG Fit Storm Ski Jacket

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

My wife bought one of these for me today from TK Maxx, as it matched a colour on my bindings Happy : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nike-ACG-THERMORE-FITSTORM-Dual-Layer-Ski-Jacket-NWT_W0QQitemZ270510073669QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Sporting_Goods_Skiing_Snowboarding_Clothing_LE?hash=item3efba82745

but she paid a lot less for it, so it seems a bargain. It fits well and seems good but as I have a jacket already I want to make sure it's technically sound. i.e. warm, waterproof, breathable etc and not just get it because it's cheapish.

Does anyone know or have experience of this particular jacket or these type of ACG jackets that use Thermore and Fit Storm fabrics ?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Has anyone used or got any ACG Jacket that they think performs well ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes.

Bought a Nike ACG from TKMax for @ £125 last year. Excellent jacket. Right up there with the far more expensive helly hansen I owned before.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pokemon, Nike ACG is very good quality IME. Just recently I have had a new pair of their ski pants which is the same range as your jacket with the Storm Fit and Thermore and they were brilliant. Very warm, very waterproof and very breathable, couldn't fault them at all especially for the £5 I got them for! I am on the look out for one of their jackets for my OH. My only slight concern with your jacket is that you may find it too warm, the trousers are bordering on being too warm.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sarah, My wife paid £69.99 at Tk Maxx. Given you get two jackets in one it seems a good price, as I could use the inner jacket for knocking around in the resort at night. I think I wouldn't ski with the inner jacket and us a fleece instead but the inner jacket is pretty nice to wear on it's own.

My concern was that I maybe too cold with this combination. I presume you ski pants are just the Storm Fit material with the Thermore and no extra padding ? as this is what the jacket would be without the inner jacket.

btw, the inner jacket gives off a lot of static as it's made of nylon etc Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jonty, thanks just noticed your reply as well. Which model did you buy ? is it Fit Storm or Gore Tex ?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pokemon, didn't realise it was 2-in-1 jacket, should be ok then you have the flexibility to wear one or both. The pants are 'padded', but I assumed that was the Thermore as Ithought that was the name of their insulation filling stuff, anyway very warm indeed. Have my eye on a shell only one for the OH at our TKMaxx, it's £99, but I think it will stick around a while and they will reduce it Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sarah, do you have a link to the jacket you've been looking at ?. I may see if they have it in my local TK Maxx
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pokemon, had mine for three years . Warm yes very, loads of pockets so never carry back pack , they have zips to vent which work a dream. Have just bought a soft shell spyder but because i know i can trust the acg i`ve never worn it yet!! and i`ve had it on since xmas since the snow started. Oh and i`ve fallen a lot with it and no sign of a tear yet . Mine is of a kaky canvas type so not the same as the ones i`ve seen in tkmaxx this year but i can`t see them changing design for rubbish!.
hope you enjoy snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
M&M Direct have just reduced the Storm Fit pants to match these jackets (ladies) in black ,all sizes to £24.99 - cant go wrong with them for that price.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have a Nike ACG Goretex jacket which is very good. But I think that you can also get ACG in 'fabrics' that are not goretex.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
icyjock, great but I'm a bloke Embarassed

I wish I could change my username but it was done a whim as my wife had a ski hat which gave her head a profile of a pokemon type character.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pokemon - got the Goretex model (latest type of Goretex). Completely waterproof and windproof (lots of rain in ADH over Christmas). Breathable. Warm - provided you layer. Costs about 1/4 the price of my wife`(admittedly very nice) Arcteryx but performs just as well.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy