Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New discount card for French skiing cuts cost of ski hire, eats, drinks etc.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A new discount card for French ski resorts - Snowball Pass - is claimed to offer significant reductions on the prices of ski rental, instruction, eating, drinking ... but liftpass discounts only in Andorra.

This report from SkiRebel Magazine

The Snowball Pass costs £15.

Details: http://www.snowballpass.com

Any feedback on this would obviously be interesting. It's far from the first time this type of scheme has been tried. The following quote in the article seems surprising ...

Quote:
Several companies offer their members a SnowBall Pass as part of their membership. SCUK, the largest online snowboard club and Ski Club of Great Britain both have this offer available to members for a limited period.

... given that both the SCGB and SCUK have their own discount arrangements in resorts.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ernst Goldsmith, nice to see you can use the site's search function, but I can't really see the need for yet another post on the subject.

Do keep up. Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes I use a search engine - Skoogle. The pigeon was sacked some time ago.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have bought myself one (after starting a post about these cards a couple of weeks ago).

It made sense, seeing as we managed to get the Frog + Roastbeef added for Val Thorens last week - giving discounts on drinks plus 5eur discount per person on food there too.
On top of the pints for 4eur instead of 6eur at other bars, amongst many other offers - that seems like a pretty damn good saving to me
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for that. I assumed that Ski Rebel magazine had a scoop with their report yesterday. Maybe this card was announced to the media after the product had actually been launched.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ernst Goldsmith wrote:
Thanks for that. I assumed that Ski Rebel magazine had a scoop with their report yesterday. Maybe this card was announced to the media after the product had actually been launched.

Must have been well late - these were launched last year - got one for a tenner at the ski show although they didn't have a stand this year - I looked. They were selling them on Easyjet ski routes last year - probably still are.

Good news that they've added the Frog - might invest in one again just for that. I only ever used it for the Saloon 2-4-1 cocktails in Tignes last year - but that must have saved my group (of about 30 people) roughtly 200 euros, so I guess it was a very good investment.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ernst Goldsmith, not exactly new - they were pimping it around at the 2008 ski shows - wasn't convinced about the benefits myself, still aren't unless you're a drinker and they offer deals in your fave resort bar.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've checked a number of their deals online since they were first launched and most of the deals can be got anyway, such as 241 offers on ski hire. I've seen several of these type of cards and most are a bit of a con. I've never been convinced and wouldn't have one.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just as well I don't write the news section of snowHeads any longer!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
so does every 1 in the grup need a pass or will you get away with 1 pass for a group of 4? if thats the case it worth a punt but its not worth spending 60 euro on...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've used a Ski Club of GB membership card to obtain a group discount. Unless the terms and conditions specifically state that the card is only to be used for personal use for items to be personally used, I should think an eager entrepreneur would welcome any new business.

There are always cases with discount cards where shops etc. don't honour the deal, but who knows?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ernst Goldsmith, I'm not sure about scuk but looking at the ski club website-there doesn't seem to be any discounts in resort, bar the usual ski hire and a random restaurant in les arcs. so im not surprised that they're offering snowball pass to members.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bookham_mat wrote:
so does every 1 in the grup need a pass or will you get away with 1 pass for a group of 4? if thats the case it worth a punt but its not worth spending 60 euro on...

The card is supposed to be valid for 2 adults although as they aren't individual, numbered or signed, we simply passed it around our grou in the bar (naughtly? probably, but quite angelic compared to the criminally priced drinks in some of the bars!)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
are they seasonal passes or valid over a number of seasons
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
1969jma wrote:
are they seasonal passes or valid over a number of seasons

They only last for one season, although I think if you renew it online before the start of the next you might get a discount - can't remember.

Edited for typo (something wrong with my fingers today)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy