Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sion - Supermarkets and Snowchains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm driving out to Veysonnaz a week Friday and have a couple of questions if anyone can assist:

1) Is there a large, out-of-town Supermarket in Sion, or should we use the Co-Op in the town to stock up on food etc for the week (we're self catering)? If anyone knows where to find said large out-of-town supermarket too that would be great!

2) Having tried to pick up snowchains in Halfords yesterday, they've sold out (I assume due to the current UK snow conditions). I have heard about garages that rent them, and that its cheaper to pick them up in France/Switzerland etc - anyone got any advice for what would work in Sion. We're driving through France overnight so I would assume that the Speedy shops would be closed!

All thoughts greatfully received!

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fleecy, welcome to Snowheads! We drove out there last summer but I can't remember very well Embarassed Looks like several large Migros though in Sion, probably with a non-food section for chains, see www.migros.ch
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Fleecy, which way are you going to Veysonnaz? If you are going north or south of Lake Geneva?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sarah - thanks, I'll take a look!

Ian - thanks too! We're driving down from Calais, so I suspect North of Lake Geneva, Martigny way off the top of my head?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fleecy, a few big supermarkets just west of sion in Conthey. Also an Aligro by the next junction, if you're doing a big shop.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I can't comment on Veysonnaz but prices in Nendaz supermarkets were exactly the same as Sion but with a little less choice. Didn't think the Aligro was any cheaper either. Migros/Aldi was the cheapest/best we could find.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fleecy, A few years since I've been there but I used to store my Winter Tyres in the large commercial area in Conthey ( just West of the town) if only I could remember the name -- it was a 'Speedy' outlet but now ????? ... it is very easily accessible and across the road from Migros and loads of other stores.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is a 'Jumbo' at Conthey (sort of like b and q) behind the COOP. It sells all that gear quite cheaply. Conthey is the exit (coming from Geneva) before the Nendaz/Veysonnaz exit i.e. west of Sion.

And btw - would you not be insane to go to Veysonnaz round the south of Lake Geneva?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy