Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which pass for Montgenevre?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking of the Monts de la lune pass which covers Montgenevre and Claviere only rather than the full Milky Way pass as we will be time restricted due to ski school lunch time pick up. Am I right or could you reasonably get out into the wider Milky Way and back in either a morning or afternoon (half term too)? Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hi

its a fair old way to get over to sestriere/sauze from montgenevre so tricky if there and back in half a day
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nick0861, thank you. It's what I thought. We'd have to get over there 2 days to make it worthwhile getting the milky way pass over the mdl, will get the mdl and a day extension if we get the opportunity.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are confined to only half days it is not worth it! Stay in the one area, which is big enough!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have just got back from Montgenevre as part of a group of 5; mixed ability. Really great resort, our favourite in 6 seasons of skiing, I will hopefully post a full report soon.

The Monts de la Lune covers one day in the Milky Way which should be enough. As an intermediate skier who struggled to navigate the correct route properly (skiing alone), I managed to get Sauze D'oulx and back in about 5 hours, though you have to add your lunch break to that. If you've only got half a day I see little point in going further than Claviere, as you waste time on the gondola and chairs of the lower slopes of Cesana, which are un-skiable.

A word of warning, the red (piste 100) of the Rocher De L'Aigle chair actually joins the black piste of the same number, leading you down a very long, very steep mogul section which we found rather more scary than any of the other blacks we tried. The alternative route to Claviere, the green along the Valley, isn't great either but for the opposite reason, it's not really downhill at all and requires a fair bit of polling.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sarah, Monts de la Lune I believe has a day in the Via Lattea on it. Therefore if you wanted to ski across to San Sicario, Sauze d'Oulx or Sestriere you could. However with ski school in the morning you won't have enough time to get there and back again.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are going to Montgenevre in March and will have the same issue of ski school pick up. We're planning to buy the mont de lune pass for ourselves.

We are thinking of booking the international ski school lessons for the children and it appears we can buy a package of lessons plus montgenevre only pass for our son who will be on his third week skiing and not need the extra part for claviere.

Evan please do post a report.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks very much all! MDL it is then.

Evan Roberts welcome to Snowheads! Thanks for the pistes info too.

Brilliant if it does include 1 day Milky Way as we might just get one day if friends will meet son for us just for once.

snowymum we have booked international school Apeak but I didn't know about the lesson/pass package, doesn't matter for us as son is on a free pass still in that resort, free under 6s Cool Just thought it worth mentioning in case yours is too and you hadn't realised.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy