Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpine Elements....

Poster: A snowHead
...has anybody had any experience with these guys? Just booked a week in Les Arcs, going on Sunday.....

Also, they use a charter bmi flight. but the chap that i spoke to at AlpineElements said they wont let me use my dakine double roller on it, as a ski/clothies bag. Anybody care to shed light on this??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
barthez1980, lots of threads about them in the past with variable experience.

The search facility isn't brilliant here - but using google on the site gives this
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Trip Advisor (click) has quite a bit about them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Isn't it a better idea to research and then book - rather than t'other way around?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boris, that's helpful. Someone mardy as they're back at work? Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boris wrote:
Isn't it a better idea to research and then book - rather than t'other way around?

or better still, check with Boris first, he seems to be the smart one around here Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
barthez1980, I'm sure my comments on AE are somewhere in that link kindly provided by stoatsbrother, but a quick recap on my experience:

Les Gets 2009

Nice chalet a bit small and not what I would call luxury (it was advertised as such). However, chalet guys were ok, chalet was warm, comfortable and food was fine IMV. We had a good time. Others have not been so fortunate it seems.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Boris, that's helpful. Someone mardy as they're back at work? Wink

Yes

But its not the first thread along the lines of "I've just booked with X are they any good?"

However I will admit I have been equally guilty of this in the past Embarassed
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
barthez1980, let us know how you get on, they have some good prices for Tignes at end of Jan when I want to go away, but would be good to get some up to date info on standards
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rookierich, will do...looks like we grabbed a bit of a bargain, just hope the accom isn't too pony, but for the price, im not really that bothered....
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would say you get what you pay for, they are generally one of the cheaper TO's, I just wish company's would stop advertising as luxury and gold start, that sort of thing. Allot of the staff for these are young, just out of uni and want to ski for the season, fine, I did it, but don't give them silly poncy food to try and pre-pair. I would much prefer a company that said you get a 3 course dinner, its something little, a niscoy (sp) salad, meat and 2 veg with potato something and then something sweet, and even better if they stick some cheese out after. I worked for one for a season btw.

Sorry I'll get off my box now.

I thought AE were fine, but I got a deal, I would have been pissed off if I paid the brochure price.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have to be careful here

From what I have heard over the years I personally would avoid and most people wont say anything bad about them after the threats of legal action from the guy who runs it, there used to be another forum I read a few years back and it was a hot bed of discussion

of course this is all hear-say, I hope you have a great time
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
barthez1980, look and you will find

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59900

written sunday 10th about AE in les arcs, however quality of your chalet will largely depend on staff in chalet
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah, there's some narked customers, but like barthez1980 said

barthez1980 wrote:
but for the price, im not really that bothered....

If the price is right! We were offered, in Tignes £349pp for HB accom, flights and transfers leaving this weekend. For us its either pay that and go skiing this year or miss out entirely, so we could well be taking our chances too.

Hope it works out.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Had a fantastic time. Alpine Elements staff were great.
ski holidays
I wouldn't use Alpine Elements ever again. Our trip in March to Les Arcs revealed a complete disregard for basic Health & Safety. Our 5 year old received an 8 stitch gash to his foot due to broken tiles in the swimming pool. The pool was not closed or repaired and no warning signs were put up. An electrical power point was faulty electrocuting two guests - the chalet host didn't report it because 'they won't do anything about it anyway'. We pointed out that 110v would kill a 4 or 5 year old - Alpine Elements wrote back explaining only if they tried to put something into the socket. Unbelievable. Be warned.
latest report
6 duplicate posts on every AE thread he could find......
snow report
Quote:

electrocuting two guests

doesn't that mean they're dead?

or did they just get a little zap?
ski holidays
b]holidayloverxx[/b], the same could now be said for you!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy