Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Closest ski resort to Girona and how to get there?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've spotted some really cheap flights to Girona (Barcelona) and am desperate to get another skiing trip in this year.

My question is therefore this,

which resort in Andorra is closest (in travelling time) to the airport?

And what is the most economical way of getting there? I.e. is it cheaper to hire a car or get a bus (if there is one?) there?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure about bus to Andorra, however Gerona opens up other skiing possibilities

If there is a ski bus to Andorra, it may run from Barca, quite a bit from Gerona

Spain :
Valter 2000 is I think the closest to Gerona but a small resort.

La Molina and Masella a little further but much more extensive

There may be a dedicated bus service to larger resorts Masella etc, however if there is , this will need to coincide with your flight times

France, as there is a dedicated bus from airport to resort, this may work out the most convienient
Frogbus.com run a ski bus from Gerona airport to the the french resort of Les Angles

AFAIK Andorra resorts futher than the Spanish resorts listed above. Have been to both and Spanish resorts much nicer than Andorra

There are 5/6 car hire companies in Gerona, Hertz and Avis will charge a supplement to bring car outside Spain, the others dont
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Its more of a drive than you would think but if you go C25 to Vic, C17 to Ripoll then N152 through Bourg Madame, the road is stunningly beautiful once you get on the old N152. This will take you though the tunnel to then up to Pas de la Casa or its only a short drive on to any other Andorra town.

When we looked at hiring a car (albeit from Toulouse), by the time we added insurance to cover Andorra and snow chains, it became hideously expensive.

Outside of Andorra, there are also a few smaller lift complexes, such Angles just outside Girona.

*edit to add* getting a last minute package deal and flying into Toulouse will be much cheaper and easier than trying to get there from Girona, under your own steam.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kendub, Thanks for the info - much appreciated.

bar shaker, I only have 3.5 days annual leave left so the package to toulouse would have to be a short one Sad

Maybe this is a non runner Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi v1cky24, the closest Andorran ski area in relation to Girona is the Vallnord ski area: comprised of Pal-Arinsal-La Massana + Arcalis; of which Arinsal is the core 'resort' village. There's a daily bus service from/to Girona (GRO) airport to/from Andorra, operated by the Novotel group, which costs between 48 & 68 euros return, with the price variation tied to which town/resort you're going to/from in Andorra. If there's more than 2 of you planning on going, it's marginally cheaper (and more flexible) to hire a car.
Def. do-able snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
v1cky24, There is a small resort we where in called Val de Nuria it is on the train from Both Barcelona and Gerona as far as I know and about a 1.5 hour drive. It is small but diffrent and enought to keep you occupied for a weekend.

Cheap as chips to
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Go for it..!
I flew to Girona a couple of years back, 2 of s, the car hire was very cheap.
Was a pretty quick run (just under 3hrs I think) to pas de la casa
Hotelopia do lots of hotels in pas & arinsal which you can book online, there are discount codes if you do a search

One thing I have found is not to get too hung up on cheap flights, as for a long weekend they probably only make up 15 - 20% of the cost of the trip you can blow £30 on a round of drinks if you go to an exp bar in an exp resort

Have you looked at Lufthansa to Munich from Manchester?
we are flying next wed, back sunday next week £95rtn and for that they take your lugguage & ski gear!
Train & bus to soll £25 pppn b&b sorted!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everyone!

A lot to consider there. The flights I found were £36 for 2 of us to fly leeds bradford to Girona. A huge bargain I think - this included everything except a checked bag (which I don't even know if we would need for a short break)

I might have a look into the Munich flight if it works out cheaper overall - still trying to persuade OH we can afford it! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Vicky.

I see your in the north east and I'm assuming your going from Newcastle. Check out ryanair from Edinburgh this will give you more options.

cheers
bob
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy