Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer Chambery to Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Quick question...Some friends I are are going to Les Arcs for the week of 23rd January. Three of us are on the overnight snow train, but the final (awkward) person is flying out on the morning of the 23rd from Manchester. Her flight gets to Chambery at 10am and the next coach transfer to Les Arcs leaves at 10.45am.

Is this enough time to get through baggage reclaim and onto the coach? I said yes, but I've never actually flown to Chambery and she's a little bit nervous about flying alone and then missing her connection. Has anyone done this route before, or been through Chambery, that could let me know if this seems reasonable or if she should wait for the next coach (which doesn't leave until 1pm!).

Any advice gratefully accepted!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kaleia, Welcome to Snowheads snowHead

Chambery is a very regional airport that can be overwhelmed by skiers as soon as the schedule gets delayed by weather or other circumstances beyond etc. I have breezed through in < 30 mins but with all the things that could go wrong you wouldnt hang your hat on it! Somebody who runs tranfers from there ill probably be on soon with more advice - good luck!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think it's a bit tight - and this from someone with a reputation for cutting transfers too tight.

It depends on the flight being on time (natch) and how many flights land at that time as there's only one baggage "belt".
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chambery = nightmare.

Ive flown in and out of there 3 times and have always been delayed.
There is not enough seating for everyone so there is bodys everywhere for homeward flights.
Bagage reclaim is just as bad when you do eventualy get there.

Good luck. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kaleia, Has she booked the Altibus? In terms of travel and the chaos we've had with airoprts anywhere I would tell her that it's possible she might miss that bus - but a wait till 1pm is nothing in the grand scheme of things. She'll still get there late afternoon so plenty of time to get things sorted in resort for day one. Tell her to make sure she's got a good book. Chambery is not a great airport but I like it as you can sit and have a wine/coffee and wathc all the planes arrive and depart from their "special" viewing cafe (she'll need her gloves and hat handy though Wink)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all your help guys! Mosha Marc, I'm just the same when it comes to flights and transfers, so my much more cautious friend wanted to check. I'll tell her to get the later transfer.

Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Be warned if you are waiting in Chambery airport there is nothing but overpriced beer and grilled cheese. And watching people have to repack their helmets + boots in to their bags. Can she not get the train in to Bourg and then onwards with the rest of the group?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
arv, I'll second that. Train is a good backup option out of Chambery if bus connections don't......
Taxi airport to station is about 5 mins. Most trains don't break any speed records up to Bourg (stop everywhere - but that can be good for other resorts on the way) but they're dirt cheap and pretty reliable if there is heavy road traffic or bad weather.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Does she travel light? Could you divide her luggage up between the three of you on the train? That way she won't have to wait for bags.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We have easily got through Chambery in about that time each time we have flown in there, which has included DH going to get hire car while I wait for the cases - the NICE thing about it being a tiddly airport is that you don't [generally] have a great long wait for your luggage if you land on time. It was fairly busy when we landed on the 2nd but we were still on the road in an hour.

There are 2 baggage belts [but one guy Laughing ].

It is small but perfectly formed IMO. And that is even after we were delayed there coming back this weekend. arv, I think that the overpriced bit is kind of general to all airports too, and watching all the berks who didn't pack their luggage properly will give her something to do while she waits Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MarjMJ, maybe it is just because Scotland is so cheap Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy