Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot warming

Poster: A snowHead
Last time I went to the local fridge, I got cold feet before putting my boots on, due to having to stand around in socks on a cold floor whilst they were fitted to the rental skis.
The boots themselves were also cold, probably due to having been in the boot of the car. It then took ages for my toes to get warm.

Is it ok to pop in some of those handwarmer things for a few minutes, or would it be harmful to them in any way? Only thing I can think is it might alter the foam structure that's gradually been moulded to my feet....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shootingmike, they do sell leccy bootwarmers too. Low heat output, but great if you leave them in your boots overnight.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah - I've seen those but could do with something a bit more remote and temporary, as said, just to warm them up a bit before putting them on...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
1. boots in passenger side footwell in car, blower on. Stuff a glove in each boot as you get out of the car.

2. therm-ic or hotronics insoles Smile very popular with ladies who can't stand cold toeses.

3. hand/footwarmer packs work fine.

4. bootwarmer thingamajig run off the cigarette lighter is nice too - again, keep the heat in with gloves.

5. 60mins on a bootdryer (hot air octopus) at home, gloves in boots, drive like the wind Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shootingmike,

I put mine in a cool bag - with the book warmer inside each boot. Toasty ! snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Give the ski tech one boot to fit the skis and stand on one leg while you're waiting Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

1. boots in passenger side footwell in car, blower on.

I've started to do this and it works a treat. My boots are 'snug' to say the least thanks to CEM, so driving to a resort I sling them in the footwell and they far easier to put on and warm and toasty to boot (excuse the pun). wink Made a mistake of leaving them in the car overnight at Sölden and I had to wrestle with them for 15 mins to get em on.

I know that you can buy heated boot bags, but that is a bit OTT unless you are a racer or the like
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can I ask a dumb question about heated insoles?

I assume, to get the most benefit, that they go inside the boot liner (not under it). So, how thick are they? I love the idea but don't have any slack space (unless I lose the socks) inside my liner!

Or am I missing something?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
wigan, the heat comes from a flat sheet of metal under the ball of your foot on the footbed. You can't feel them. If you suffer from cold feet they are a must. And once you have a set of batteries you can just buy additional heating filament/cable for any additional pairs of boots.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ohhh. I see (rapidly googling for pictures as well).
So they are outside the liner. So it goes: boot, footbed (yours or their special one), heating element, liner, foot!
Thanks Embarassed
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

You can't feel them

and they don't take any additional room (if they are retro-fitted to existing footbeds, a small window is cut in). The handwarmer things DO take up some extra room - hard to find in close fitting boots. You can get heating bag things specifically made for boots, as opposed to gloves, which are flatter, different shape, and have a sticky side, so they can be stuck to the footbed. But it's not easy, in my experience, to get you foot into the boot without scrobbling them up. the hotronic ones are great, but expensive - and that reminds me that I must go and put mine on to charge right now!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
wigan wrote:
boot, footbed (yours or their special one), heating element, liner, foot!:

Exactly. They can just stick it onto an existing footbed.

I have the original Thermic ones bought 3 years ago. They still work fine and on the middle setting still stay warm for a full 8 hour day.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've just bought a HEAD heated boot bag. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Runs on mains or ciggy lighter socket. Oh Yes!!!! and I've bought the last one. Toofy Grin
http://www.head.com/ski/accessories.php?region=eu&tag=pro_series
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
shootingmike wrote:
Last time I went to the local fridge, I got cold feet before putting my boots on, due to having to stand around in socks on a cold floor whilst they were fitted to the rental skis.

Cunning plan -

Leave your shoes on until you're ready to put your boots on and then go out on the piste - no need to stand around in bear socks and problem solved...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for all the replies. I've been tonight and tried to leave it until the last minute before taking off my shoes.
I've seen the heated insole thingies, but really was just wondering if it's OK to use those handwarmer sachet for a few minutes before putting boots on (after removing the sachets of course!)

Thanks again chaps.
snow report
bertie bassett wrote:

Cunning plan -

Leave your shoes on until you're ready to put your boots on and then go out on the piste - no need to stand around in bear socks and problem solved...

.. besides, you wouldn't want to make the bear angry wink
ski holidays
shootingmike,Get fitted b4 you get changed.
I would imagine that thoses sachets of hand/foot warmers would work just fine, that's what I'm gonna use when we go.
Have a look at www.skiwear4less.co.uk for what looks like a good deal
ski holidays
It is very important that your boots are dry after the previous day, otherwise your feet can get very cold. Sometimes the heated boot storage is not sufficient to dry boots completely o/n, however there are boot warmers that you can insert into the boot and plug in o/n...apparently they are veyr good. I recently ordered a pair, so I will let you know how good they are once they arrive.
snow report
On these hotronic things, where do the battery packs go?
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, the warmers that I am talking about are the ones you leave in the boot over night (mainly to dry out the boot), so you just plug them in. I'm not sure about the boot warmers that you wear. I have spent a fortune getting my boots to fit perfectly in terms of performance, so I certainly won't be putting anything else into them.
snow conditions
Skyhawk, I should have directed my question to pam w. these hotronic heaters look very slim, and my liners have packed down a tad so I shoudl have room
latest report
holidayloverxx, sorry hl, I missed Pam w's post.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy