Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gore Tex

Poster: A snowHead
So I have just returned from Les Arcs and what a fantastic week boarding. Went with Action Outdoors and stayed at the UCPA. It was a great laugh especially NYE.

Anyway, my pants let me down big time. At first the seat thinned then by the 5th day the seat opened to reveal my perfectly formed ass. Great! I thought I'd take back my pants to Mr Maxx and see what happens. I insisted on a refund and made a small commotion and voila, I got a full refund. Item was tagged 'faulty'. I was pretty shocked at how gore tex pants were so crap. I don't think they were faulty myself just not up to the job. Its made me re-evaluate the significance of gore tex. This isn't the first time g/t has let me down, my Burton g/t gloves lasted only 4 days last season. Is it me or is gore tex a waste of time?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Goretex is the membrane under the surface. How hard wearing an item is depends on what fabric the manufacturer uses for the outer layer and how well stitched it is.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
^^^ although Goretex supposedly do quality control on all garments made using it
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gainz, What brand were they?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Goretex is great, unfortunately not all manufacturers build their clothing to the standards they should, I had a pair of Spyder gloves where the fabric was cut so close to teh seams that they fell apart with less than one weeks use, fortunately I'd got tehm out the bargin bin at a ski show so no great loss, but quality of construction is at least as important as material choice, all seams in Goretex garments should be taped as thats where teh water can get in, vunerable and highly stressed seams should be double stiched and taped.

Gainz, did teh actual fabric thin, or was it the seam that went ? If it was teh former it sounds like a material fault, if the latter cheap manufacturing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I wear Goretex sailing clothing which is great , but do not see the need with it in skiing kit as both jackets and pants have vents to let me breath. Goretex can also suck moisture in especially when sitting in the snow.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They were Rossignol Chrono pants. The actual fabric thinned and it was obvious that the material wasn't up to it. Then the seam opened even though they were triple stitched. I don't know if the seams were taped I didn't see anything that would suggest they were. Thinking about it there was a black 'membrane' inbetween the layers of thinsulate. I thought that the outer fabric was gore tex as i bought a pair of camo pants during a very wet Glade festival last year which were 'gore tex'.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Surprising - Rossi, although not "trendy" do make some solid gear - can only assume that these were defective...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gainz, did you have a few curries on the trip ? wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't blame the Gore-Tex, blame the manufacturer of the clothing itself. The Gore-Tex bit is just the waterproof membrane bit.

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
"I thought I'd take back my pants to Mr Maxx"

hang on did you buy these from TK Maxx? what was the manufacturer? I've had Gore-Tex kit before and you get what you pay for
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gainz,
Just to clarify the question of the thinning material: you did go down the mountain standing up (mostly) on the board?
You did not slide al the way down on your ar$e?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Gainz, Without photographic evidence, your claim to have a perfectly formed ass is invalid. wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lol

rayscoops, surprisingly no curries!!!

Kruisler, I never slide on my ass, I always go head first!!! Madeye-Smiley

and finally ccl, photographic evidence is not possible. Maybe in the flesh if your lucky wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gainz, Buy climbing gear instead of ski gear. I had a pair of shell salopettes which had already done 10 years of winter climbing. I had a couple of good ass slides on hard icy corduroy first thing in the morning. My ass looked like thismy pants were unharmed.
latest report
Scarpa, Perfectly formed but still unsightly. wink You are right about the climbing gear it is usually far tougher than fashion house snow gear.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy