Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Roofbox Company

Poster: A snowHead
Just a 'heads-up' about this outfit, www.roofbox.co.uk, have e-mailed them and not received an answer, also tried to telephone them and been left on hold for ages without reply. But I'm sure they'd accept your payment details for an on-line purchase Evil or Very Mad
Probably best to give them a miss and save yourself the grief I've gone through Shocked
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hairybiker, I've always had excellent service from them, and next day delivery. They do close on a weekend though, which is probably why they aren't answering their phones or emails.

Their website also has this message
Quote:
The snowy weather is having two effects on us: (1) All couriers are struggling to offer a normal service and (2) we are out of stock of almost all sizes of AutoSock - further details are posted on the relevant AutoSock product pages. There are several consignments on the way to us, but customers ordering today, Sunday 10th, are unlikely to have their orders despatched until towards the end of this week.

To those who haven't yet ordered: Please order as normal and we will continue to despatch on a "first come first served" basis, using a theoretical "Next Day" service.

To those who have already ordered: We are in the process of e-mailing you to tell you when we expect to despatch your order. Fingers crossed that our consignments arrive as planned.

They are also based in Sedbergh, Cumbria, which is a pretty remote place likely to have been affected by heavy snow.

Try them again tomorrow
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hairybiker, also had great service from them some years ago.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hairybiker, I have spent a week trying to get some snow chains and I can say that RoofBox came up with the goods - ordered Thursday 4pm and arrived Saturday lunchtime. Similar story with roofbox stuff over Christmas. I would definintely recommend them instead of snowchains.co.uk.

I'm sure they will turn up. By the way, i spoke to their team on Saturday - was about 10 mins on hold but they do answer eventually
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Seems like I haven't been so lucky then! My original e-mail was about re-sizing the spikes spiders I already have. They list all the components on their web site but I didn't know which I would require. As they didn't reply and I couldn't get through by phone I have made them as small as I can. I ended up using them in anger last week (and they didn't fall off Shocked ) so I guess they'll do as they are Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hairybiker, Spikes have a UK distributor who is very helpful and fast. Cut out the middle men wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep usually first class service and quick delivery but I think they probably have more snow than the rest of the country in Sedbugh.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stoatsbrother wrote:
Hairybiker, also had great service from them some years ago.

Same here, pick up the phone to them!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing, Do you have a name for the distributor? kitenski, I tried phoning them twice but just got put on hold for ages!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Same here, used Roofbox for many years for all sorts of stuff and have always had excellent service every single time - must be a good reason why you have not had a reply. As Helen Beaumont says,maybe they're buried under the white stuff and digging themselves out!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another very satisfied roofbox customer here - they are excellent, and if they are buried in snow, it's hardly surprising they're a bit slow.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yup - I though their service was good also when we used them just before Christmas to order Spikes Spider bits.
Boredsurfing, - who is the other UK distributor for Spikes Spiders? I contacted the Spike folk in Switzerland directly and they put me onto Roofbox.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi, Martin here, the somewhat embarrassed boss at The Roof Box Company (www.roofbox.co.uk). We're getting back to normal after a frantic three weeks during which time we have had our web server crash, moved to a new and fast server, had several power cuts, had our phone system go AWOL and lock people in a loop rather than putting them through in order, struggled to get stock from our key snow chain suppliers including RUD. AutoSock stock has come in well but the demand has caught us out almost every week.

We've had literally thousands of e-mails and hundreds of phone messages, so many that we can only cherry pick from them. Most of these were from customers who wanted to change their delivery details, having realised that their home was cut off by snow so of course the courier couldn't deliver anyway. The shame is that we're quite close to having a much slicker accounting and IT system that would have made the job so much easier, but the snow beat us to it.

In summary, apologies.

While I'm here:

We are the sole distributors for Spikes-Spider in the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
There's a Spikes-Spider "What parts do I need" programme coming along soon.
Open on Saturdays!
The phone people are on site at the moment...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Roof Box Company, welcome to snowHeads and good to read your post. Sounds like you've had a mad few weeks Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Roof Box Company, welcome to SnowHeads.
latest report
The Roof Box Company, welcome to snowheads - useful information, and reassuring. Rest assured that you generally get a very good press here on snowheads, from a number of repeat customers, including myself.
latest report
The Roof Box Company, welcome to Snowheads! Thanks for that info, I left a message the other day, I will try again next week when things may be less hectic for you!
snow report
sarah, did you get anywhere with Halfords?

The Roof Box Company, another satisfied customer here, and join the others in welcoming you to snowHead 's.
ski holidays
Ordered some Rud chains yesterday, delivered today on standard delivery.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy