Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another operator striving for mediocrity.

Poster: A snowHead
dear all

i think part of the problem here is the 'internet effect'. Too much information, too many comparative stories of 'amazing bargains', 'i am so clever', 'you are so stupid', blaa blaa

as PJSki, states "Let's get this straight, you want to be flown there and back, transferred to and from resort, housed and fed for a week, all for £400.00? "

well break this down and try to cost any holiday you are looking at as a do it yourself - then does the TO price seem reasonable,? given they need to make profit.

given the price what are your expectations of travel, accomodation, food etc?

then there are the personal expectations, mine would be cleanliness, simple edible hot food, a quiet nights sleep (so 3am noise would bug me)
someone else reading this will want something different.

if thats not right then complain nicely but firmly at the time and write it down. If its not fixed to your satisfaction then complain with facts when back home, but keep it calm and factual. No one takes kindly to being slaughtered in a public forum. Little Angel

its xmas - goodwill and all that.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh dear..........

Stay calm and don't panic.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kevin mcclean,
yes indeed Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
If its not fixed to your satisfaction then complain with facts when back home, but keep it calm and factual.

Alpine Elements took an approach of complete denial when a polite complaint letter was written. They told us that "we pride ourselves on our airport transfers".

It's an easy problem to fix - I'll never use them again and I'll tell everyone that I know not to bother either. Unless the price is very low. I don't care if that price is unrealistic relative to the cost of operating.

I drew up a list of my ski trips a few days ago. I've done 9 weeks, 4 with package operators. I didn't bother making any sort of complaint with my other so-so week because I think that the price I paid was low enough to put it down to "got what I paid for".
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tomstickland wrote:
Quote:
If its not fixed to your satisfaction then complain with facts when back home, but keep it calm and factual.

Alpine Elements took an approach of complete denial when a polite complaint letter was written. They told us that "we pride ourselves on our airport transfers".

It's an easy problem to fix - I'll never use them again and I'll tell everyone that I know not to bother either. Unless the price is very low. I don't care if that price is unrealistic relative to the cost of operating.

I drew up a list of my ski trips a few days ago. I've done 9 weeks, 4 with package operators. I didn't bother making any sort of complaint with my other so-so week because I think that the price I paid was low enough to put it down to "got what I paid for".

Did you pay by credit card? If so, then complain the your CC company. Doesn't sound to me like you have much grounds for complaint though. Basically, the staff woke you in the wee small hours, is what it boils down to. The rest of your complaints, small room and poor (IYO) breakfast, are a bit weak.

Sadly, I think people in your position work yourselves up into an internet revenge frenzy.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
oh why oh why oh why...........

Let's all sniff the air for non-sequiturs..............
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kevin mcclean wrote:
oh why oh why oh why...........

Let's all sniff the air for non-sequiturs..............

Maybe you need to join a more formal debating society? The average thing said by the average person is clearly going to disappoint you.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PJSki wrote:
Doesn't sound to me like you have much grounds for complaint though. Basically, the staff woke you in the wee small hours, is what it boils down to.

It was a lot more than that.

Quote:

The rest of your complaints, small room and poor (IYO) breakfast, are a bit weak.

Sadly, I think people in your position work yourselves up into an internet revenge frenzy.

If you're going to decide that most of the issues aren't important then, obviously, you'll decide that there wasn't much to complain about.

I've got a long list of things that I thought were less than ideal. Had there been a few of these on their own then I'd not have been too bothered. Even with what did happen, if the company involved shown any concern and interest in putting them right then I would have been satisfied. It's the attitude of denial that I encountered that made me resolve to never use them again.

I don't want financial compensation.

I've been on 9 ski trips and this is the only one where I feel that what I received was out of line with what I paid by a significant margin. The other guests in the chalet shared this opinion. A quick look round with google will show that we were not alone.

Looks like someone else has worked themselves up into an internet based retribution frenzy.

http://youtube.com/v/dXy6Jn9J1iE
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sniff-sniff..................
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I take parts of that video with a pinch of salt as I haven't seen what's written in the brochure - i.e. the definition of 'family size' is open to interpretation I guess, however the un-openable door, dirty kitchen, dangerous 'stairs' and loose curtain rail are pretty shocking, and I for one wouldn't pay anything to go away with them, no matter how desperate I was to go skiing.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
tomstickland, if he was so concerned about the curtain rail falling he should have taken it down. I agree the stairs looked iffy. I would not have stayed there based on those stairs.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
An igloo looked a better and safer option. And more fun.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
quick fix... don't go to over populated resorts where the 'sardine' factor is more important than customer service!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
flangesax, +1 to that
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is this company still offering such amazing mediocrity?
ski holidays
I would have hoped that, in the 8 Years since this thread started, they have improved.....
snow conditions
£400 is kind of 3* territory, therefore I'd expect facilities and staff ratios to reflect 3*.

Attitude and effort of staff, cleanliness, kitchen hygiene is unacceptable. Probably the usual mess of immature jolly hunters who don't really need the minimum wage, just want to party where mum and dad can't check up.
snow conditions
I'm really surprised to see people here refer to Ski Line as a TO. The're not. They are simply a 3rd party booking agent. It always amazes me that some people book a holiday without actually knowing what TO they are traveling with. We used to get guests arrive at Innsbruck looking for Iglu Ski reps and just last week a guest remarked that there should be an Iglu rep at Geneva for those people who booked through them. Thought all Snowheads were more knowledgeable than that.
snow conditions
@Old Man Of Lech
Makes you wonder if people really know whats happening in the world..
snow conditions
@Bob, explains brexit
snow conditions
Bob---Obviously they have no Idea. Just another view on the whole ALpine Elements saga. I did work for them for 1 season and there is no way I would ever do so again. The only reason I stayed was I took the view, well I'm here I will do the best I can with the resources allowed and stick it out. I'm not a quitter, and I can afford to pick & choose who/what/when I work. I did feel sorry for some of the people who booked full brochure price holidays from them but quite frankly some people pay Micky Mouse money and still expect 5* service. Wake up people. It isn't going to happen. I am always amazed at how righteous these cheapskates
Smile become when they do actually get what they pay for.
ski holidays
@kaybmack,
Quote:

Is this company still offering such amazing mediocrity?

No idea and no intention of finding out, we had a much worse experience than @tomstickland in 2010, having paid full brochure price. The only positive was that the chalet hosts left midweek for jobs with Inghams and the chef from their hotel in the resort came and cooked for us. This was the holiday "straw" that convinced us that DIY and self drive was the way to go.

Having said that it was a long time ago and they may have improved beyond recognition, I don't think that reviving an 8 year old thread is the best way to find out about their current performance.
latest report
Just to provide a bit of balance... went away with Alpine Elements over New Years in St Anton. Although the food was pretty average I thought for circa £750 a head in a busy week, the overall experience represented decent value for money. However if you went expecting a premium experience I can see why you'd be disappointed.

Staff/customer service levels were below what I've had with Ski World/Crystal however.
snow conditions
Old Man Of Lech wrote:
Bob---Obviously they have no Idea. Just another view on the whole ALpine Elements saga. I did work for them for 1 season and there is no way I would ever do so again. The only reason I stayed was I took the view, well I'm here I will do the best I can with the resources allowed and stick it out. I'm not a quitter, and I can afford to pick & choose who/what/when I work. I did feel sorry for some of the people who booked full brochure price holidays from them but quite frankly some people pay Micky Mouse money and still expect 5* service. Wake up people. It isn't going to happen. I am always amazed at how righteous these cheapskates
Smile become when they do actually get what they pay for.

I must admit that I think there is often a fundamental disconnect between a company's goals, marketing, expectation setting (which is not exclusive to the holiday industry), and achievable customer service. Some organisations can achieve, others will inevitably fall a little short. would be interesting to understand the business plans for some company's.
snow conditions
ski for fun wrote:
@Bob, explains brexit

My basis for not considering Brexit was, that there was NO PLAN for the UK outside of the EU, not even the seed of one!
so I guess yep a pretty good correlation between the two.

Amazes me that:
1) some many naive individuals voted for it without knowing where they would be going.
2) So many complacent/ apathetic individuals failed to appreciate the risk, and didn't both to vote, thinking 'it'll be OK'

So who was really at fault, those who genuinely (if a little naively) had the balls to vote brexit, or those who were indifferent, lacked the social awareness, to vote remain.

Rant over, hope I haven't offended anyone. Monday morning blues probably..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy