Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ways to identify other SnowHeads....

Poster: A snowHead
In the Hemel Jan 9th thread there was a discussion on recognising other SHs; BigSoy wrote:
Snowheads Hats? Armbands? Some extra coloured "passes" for attaching to jackets etc which don't necessarily need to be the same as the official ski centre passes?

Those would work in the Snow centre environment, but it'd be good to come up with something that would work in the big wide world too. A SH soft shell has been suggested, but on colder days? I have a fleece and t-shirt, but they are generally buried under other layers, I have a sticker on the back of my helmet (but it's fading) and a few little stick-on Butterflies of course wink. I also stuck two E0SB stickers back to back on a piece of firm plastic, cut it out and attached it to my backpack zip with a keyring. Does anyone have any other good ideas? (Apart from asking everyone if they are Frosty the Snowman Laughing Laughing ).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Butterfly, We use peronalised luggage labels during transit, and just write messages on the boards at lift stations Toofy Grin

No replies as yet though Sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How about saying to everyone in the lift queue 'Paris in the spring can be beautiful' - if the reply is 'But Berlin is very cold', you have a snowHead

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This would make a great spoof thread on Natives Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rayscoops, Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I just look out for the 'Challenge' gilets Very Happy

Poor pic

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 10-01-10 17:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i tried dip dip dip ,dop,dop dop but no luck may be theirs a funny handshake but i havent worked it out yet
or MAYbe the admin will produce pins to put on our ski jackets instead of the t shirts that nobody can wear
in the snow and @ -20
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How about actually getting some more stickers printed that we can put on helmets and ski's
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hasn't everyone else got their official snowHeads tatoo then? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boredsurfing wrote:
I just look out for the 'Challenge' gilets Very Happy

Probably only works well in Paradisk, but why would you bother skiing anywhere else?

better one....

latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I look out for people with a helmet and iphone and winter tyres
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The T shirts to soon go on sale for £8.00, maybeeeee!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I look out for inner tip lead and a helmet
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Butterfly wrote:
Apart from asking everyone if they are Frosty the Snowman Laughing Laughing .

If you have to ask, it obviously isn't Frosty!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Stickers. For helmets and skis.

But the sort of raised sticker that is more durable that the normal paper/plastic sticker: I've seen them use on various items, e.g. ski shops putting them on skis (lockwoods!)

Edit: Apparently they are known as domed stickers. e.g. http://www.keyfactors.co.uk/
latest report
Just ask.........................
snow report
Yell SnowHeads and see who turns round Toofy Grin
snow report
RobW wrote:
Edit: Apparently they are known as domed stickers. e.g. http://www.keyfactors.co.uk/

Using your link, it wouldn't be very expensive to produce these types of badges. They work out at just over 50p each if 100 are produced at 15cm wide - which is plenty long enough.
snow report
Problem with badges would presumably lots of people using hire skis + and no helmets?
snow conditions
BigSoy wrote:
Problem with badges would presumably lots of people using hire skis + and no helmets?

Good point. So do you go down the route of - http://www.arn1e.co.uk/embroidered_patches.html - embroidered patches? £2.25 for each one of 100 on that site.

This link gives loads of options - http://www.pinpointbadges.com/enduser.pdf
latest report
Astraeus, I'll second that idea, I'd stitch mine on my rucksac though cos I wouldn't want to sew through my ski jacket. We could have hi vis tabbards to wear over jackets. you know the net variety.

Like stickers too. Oh and what about goggle elastic Laughing
snow report
youngeratheart wrote:
Astraeus, I'll second that idea, I'd stitch mine on my rucksac though cos I wouldn't want to sew through my ski jacket. We could have hi vis tabbards to wear over jackets. you know the net variety.

Like stickers too. Oh and what about goggle elastic Laughing

Goggle elastic is quite a good call as well.
latest report
Here's my home made "key ring" on my backpack zip. It's two stickers back to back on a bit of ice-cream tub. Can I have a Blue Peter badge to go with it? Laughing
snow report
Snowheads ski locks for when you lock your skis to the racks outside a restaurant, SH hip flasks, SH lift pass holder for fixing lift pass to LH sleeve of jacket when jacket does not have pocket, SH ski pole stickers (little sticker bands to run around the pole under the plastic handle) Toofy Grin I like the Goggle elastic idea though Very Happy

It might be possible to make a two part pin that mounted to the jacket with a magnetic back so it didn't pierce the fabric - I'm sure I've seen jewellery with a similar mounting idea.

I've got a SH hat, but when you wear a helmet as I do these don't get so much use.

SH buffs could also be done.

P.S. When I did actually meet FTS in person for the first time, I did say 'excuse me are you Frosty the Snowman'
ski holidays
Wristbands?

http://www.adband.co.uk/vinyl_wristbands.htm

Snowheads Lanyard - coolest way to carry your liftpass?

Keyrings - stick it on a coat/glove zip or similar?

ski holidays
Facial tattoo?
latest report
Mosha Marc, Bit drastic for us one week a year skiiers. Plus a divorce for good measure Laughing

Butterfly, Where do you get the stickers, I want to get a blue peter badge Laughing
latest report
Goggle straps are very visible - spotted a pair of the fall line sking ones in my hotel last week
( then spotted they were on some bloke of about 12 !!! ) so didnt actually make my presence known

I think helmet stickers are also a good idea
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum wrote:
It might be possible to make a two part pin that mounted to the jacket with a magnetic back so it didn't pierce the fabric - I'm sure I've seen jewellery with a similar mounting idea.

You know you really want some piercings Laughing
snow conditions
gazza2, I've got a couple of stickers on my lid... it does make it fairly easy to spot fellow sHs.
ski holidays
Scarpa, Yes but where did you get them Puzzled
snow report
youngeratheart,

Admin still has some kicking around, although was running the stocks down prior to getting new designs made up. Have a look a the " Snowheads gear" thread, buy a T shirt and see if you can get some at the same time...
ski holidays
youngeratheart, I was given them at the End of Season Bash. There's one on the back window of my car too Cool
latest report
JimW,
Quote:

running the stocks down prior to getting new designs made up.

Hurrah does that mean a new name and logo at last Very Happy
snow conditions
Majority of boarders were helmets so stickers the obvious answer there...
But for skiers, a couple of rings of tape (yellow perhaps) on poles would probably do.
snow conditions
allanm, I like that idea... a couple of rings of yellow insulation tape would be subtle but very good!
snow report
stevehaskew wrote:
...yellow insulation tape would be subtle but...
That's exactly what I was thinking.
ski holidays
Perhaps some form of cape with a big S on it...
Everyone loves capes! Cool
snow report
allanm, stevehaskew, I already put tape on my ski poles as it takes some extra picking off - thus it might act as a deterrent to a thief. I like the idea of yellow insulating tape round the ski poles. We have new poles arriving soon here, I might get the yellow tape out this time rather than the red - very few of us ski without poles - however, it wouldn't help the boarders!!
snow report
where can you get the stickers from?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy