Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Old Elan PSX Intruders or Salomon X Screams?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all! Long time reader, first time poster here Smile

So here's the deal: I am an advanced beginner skier myself, with some 4 seasons of skiing holidays under my belt. I ski only on piste. Recently I got a cheap old pair of what seems to be decent looking Elan PSX intruder skis (not even sure what year they are, maybe some 8 years or so old) with Salomon bindings. Didn't find much info about them on the web, anyone knows what sort of skis are these?

But yesterday I got offered a pair of equally old yellow Salomon X Screams for ~150$. Their condition seems to be fairly decent as well. I know that back in the day they were almost as good as you can get. But what about now, since they're really old too? Should I throw out my Elans (haven't even had a chance to test them yet) and get the Screams? Any thoughts would be highly appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No skis that old are worth anywhere near $150. Keep your eye on ebay for more current skis at a better price or rent.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gman_lt, the PSXs are from ~1998, neither fish nor fowl, a straightish ski taking advantage of 'parabolic' hype. Quadrax bindings?

There is much better out there now and the XScreams are not it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why are Screams are not good as used skis? I got a pretty nice deal on Scream 10 Pilot S912 Ti with bindings (2004, I think) and I'm thinking about buying them.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gman_lt, it was a -great- design for 2001, good enough that they could just add a bit of waist and girth and Pilot System bindings for 2004.

This is 2010.

US$300 buys 2008/2009 closeout skis with almost any combination of better float, better edgehold on hardpack, better crud busting, better behavior at speed and better carving.

Good? It's still good. Maybe $75 good to a decent bump skier, and there's not many 2004 skis can keep that kind of value.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy