Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can anyone recommend good ski gloves

Poster: A snowHead
Hi i am looking to purchase some good ski gloves as previous i have bought pairs just seem to rip therefore was looking for feedback of you guys before i purchase any.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I really like Hestra. http://www.hestragloves.com . They are very well made and should keep your hands nice and warm (and have handy loops to attach them to your wrists, which makes them much harder to lose - even if you try hard which I sometimes do...) Watch out for catching your gloves on your edges though when carrying your skis as that's where I get the wear and tear on my gloves.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gore-tex material, removable inner gloves, lanyard to attach to the wrist, hard wearing palm material, pull-tight wrist closure thingys. If your gloves have all these you're covered for anything apart from alien invasion. Doesn't matter too much about brand if the above criteria are met.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hestra army leather heli & army leather XCR are pretty much the best you can get imo.
http://www.skimarket.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?search_in_description=1&inc_subcat=1&keywords=hestra&x=0&y=0 has them very cheap.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Marmot Work Glove... amazing and cheap
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've always done very well with Phoenix ski gloves.

The first pair lasted so long I bought the same brand again.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for Hestra, I love the skier cross model - quite compact, and warm, waterproof and robust. Really well made gear
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hestra again. Not that I'm getting any this season now, as my board gloves have just fallen apart after a mere two seasons and have had to be replaced. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have a pair of Dakine Nova gloves that i have had for 4 seasons and i can't recommend them enough.

On a few really cold days in Canada i had to wear some inner gloves but i have never had a problem with them on 'normal' days (about -10 ish).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hestra have been the best I've found.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another vote for Hestras and also Black Diamond Guide gloves
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have some Versant Nord Extreme flex.

Never feel cold and has good flex.
not cheap though... normally £70 I got off season for £35

cheers
bob
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hestra
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
B+Q, E bay etc as featured in another snowHeads thread Toofy Grin

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59784&highlight=

Unless of course you Have to have a label Sad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I tried several pears of ski gloves and always ended up with cold hands. About 5 years ago someone bought me a pair of ski mittens with really really fluffy linings and they are absolutely amazing. My hands always stay warm and toasty, and if my thumb gets cold, I can just wriggle it out of its thumb hole and hold it in my warm hand when I get the chance (whilst riding a lift) Admittedly they are slightly more cumbersome to use, but I manage perfectly well using big zips, boot bindings and even a camera whilst wearing them. Sorry I don't know the make of them, but definitely worth considering mittens rather than gloves in my book.
ski holidays
ibexman wrote:
Another vote for Hestras and also Black Diamond Guide gloves

Completely agree, in every respect, with no qualms, reservations or buts...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy