Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine mid April?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Our school holidays don't start until 13th April this Easter. What do you think Flaine would be like at that time of year? - i'm particularly interested in replies from those with a crystal ball!

I think it would be the last week of their ski season, is that a bad time to be in a resort? Just wondering if they don't care quite so much about the state of the slopes or snow making by then?

Nothing's booked yet and we could leave it late to book. Just having a bit of an early look.

I'm attracted by the closeness to Calais mostly.

Thank you!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been there many times in early April. Towards the end of our trips conditions on most of the runs in the Flaine bowl itself have been decent.

Depending on the season, snow can sometimes get patchy on the lowest nursery slopes in the resort. Conditions in Samoens/Les Carroz deteriorate a bit earlier.

But they care - to the extent that they truck in snow from stockpiles to replenish the area in front of the main lift where the ski lessons meet. Seen them doing this around the 12th before - ready for the following week.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They make a heroic effort to keep as much as possible open for as long as possible including, as @frejul said, trucking in snow - that's the only thing That's certain. The rest is all down to the luck of the draw with snowfall and temperatures, as obviously you know. Past experience of Flaine in (early) April has been that it often gets pretty warm during the day. TBH, I'd be looking to go high if I was booking for that week.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@breeze11, you would be more confident in Chamonix, not closing till May 1... and no further, arguably closer (timewise) drive.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ok excellent. Thank you all for your replies. I will keep an eye on the conditions as we go through winter but also check out some higher resorts too. Great to know that they try their best right up until the end though.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Been there early mid April for the last three years running and it’s always been great. Last year was unbelievable with fresh snow falling throughout the week we were there.
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0GbmqR71FZg0XeS_JNzauL5rQ
https://share.icloud.com/photos/096LEpZD2b0joPQS3viuGNuYQ
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ZX3rDlaHV7FJpK2sBQxuDU_A
They were the views from our ground floor room in Terrases d Eos, the snow almost blocked any view and also the ski into the resort which, if snow is poor, apparently is one of the first things to get patchy! Agree it’s very warm during the day but we could cope with that. This of course is no guarantee for this year but we’ve booked again!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We always ski at Easter in the GM and can attest that they work very very hard in Flaine. As it is not French holidays and a lot of others won't ski that late and are snobby about Flaine then you can have a great time. They do work incredibly hard. @teadah, is right last Easter was epic. We even managed to ski Cascades! The year before, not so much fun, but that was the same everywhere and we still skied everyday. Just depends really.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 20-01-19 12:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Flaine is not especially high, but has a good snow record and plenty snowmaking.

Should be fine.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you all. It’s looking positive then. Fingers crossed for last years snow!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmm. I'd not book Flaine for mid April. It might be OK. But if it's warm no amount of snow making capacity will help.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy