Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Olympic disaster round the corner...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After a great start to the season Vancouver's North Shore mountains are in serious trouble, and if this unseasonably warm rainy weather (thank you el nino you sunnuvabiatch!) continues I think it could be Olympic chaos!

I was up there on Thursday and although it hasn't snowed for a while now, there was still ok coverage and I actually had a pretty great day putting my new skis through their paces. Went up again today and it was a very different picture, bare patches all over and the snow that was there was a slush fest to say the least! The last 2 days of warm rain has really decimated the snow, and it's set to continue for at least another week.

Given how much deterioration there has been after just 2 days i reckon the North Shore mountains will all be shut by Wednesday, and it'll take a big shift in temperature and a lot of snow to have something decent for hosting the events at Cypess. Granted it's only the freestyle events at Cypress so most people won't give two hoots but it's really going to sting Cypress in terms of what they've invested in the games and the revenue they need to get through the season. It'll also be interesting to see how the disaster planning they must have in place pans out - chaos round the corner!

What a year I picked to come to Vancouver, at least Whistler has lots of snow though! Send me some of that lovely white stuff from the UK please!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh dear and we have tickets for snowboarding and freestyle at Cypress!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whister is reporting a base depth of 225cm, Mt Washington is reporting 252. For comparison La Plagne has 95cm, Zermatt 15cm, Kitzbuhel 25cm. Some "Olympic disaster" rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Plake, I'm talking about the north shore mountains not whistler. Read the post properly chump. And the north shore mountains are all closed as of today due to all the rain, so unless they get some more snow the olympic events at Cypress will be on roller skates! Either way it's a grim season for the North Shore.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah well holding Olympic events at sea level was always a bold move as I think we've said before on Snowheads.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's weeks away and - as we know - ski terrain can be well plastered in a matter of days. That said, there must be a cut-off date (as there would be with World Cup ski events) beyond which the organisers cannot risk planning the event at its designated location. I imagine their contingency is to shift events to higher altitudes. The snow must go on.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy