Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

when to hire stuff

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have a view on the best way to hire skis and get your lift pass?
Is it cheaper to hire in advance in the UK?
Or in the resort on the day?
Or even book via the rep on the coach on the transfer into the resort?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Money saving expert says get some boots off e-bay (1 size too big to make sure they fit) and you can pickup your choice of skis on the day you arrive outside any pub after the lifts close. If the boots are too big bring an extra pair of sox and you can swap the skis at any restauraunt through the day.

Simples
Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheapest is to buy skis boots and poles secondhand off ebay

whether they fit or suit you is a completely different matter

What level are you , what are you inteneding to ski , where are you going ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I will be skiing with my son in Lech Austria in the first week of March. I already have boots but my son doesn't and neither of us have skis. I have a lot od ski experience although usualy in organised groups and I haven't been for 5 years. My son has only skied once before. We will be doing the motorway pistes - blues and perhaps a few reds
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ok so we weighted our figures to justify buying, but we worked out that break even for buying was about 2 1/2 weeks with the euro being as stong.

However you have to be very carefull because those little additional luggage and ski bag charges can ruin your costings.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
last time I hired skis I booked online first with Skiset, providing there's a shop or partner in your resort.
you should be able to find a promo code online to get another 10 or so % off, or try just entering your tour operators name, or a tour operators name. I don't think you really need proof, but don't quote me! It ended up cheaper than the offer on the transfer bus.
Make sure you get what you order as you sometimes can't order a specific model i.e. if you book gold equipment don't get fobbed off with ancient knackered skis.

Lift pass normally obtained on bus as there's rarely a cheaper way unless your operator offers an advanced price.

OH Ski sundays on!

Enjoy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks properjob I will certainly leave the pass till were on the coach,
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy