Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best resorts near Zurich?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This week I was greeted with the super news that my older brother has just got a new job which will see him move from Frankfurt to Zurich as of April 1st of this year. So, naturally, it's got me thinking of "visiting him" more frequently than I had been when he was in Germany.

So, come April, will any resorts near Zurich still be snowy? If so, which ones should I be looking at in order to get three/four days of skiing in when I visit him?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Laax,
its big and high but don't tell anyone else
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Using Swiss Rail you can be in Zermatt too in about 4 hours, highest skiing in Europe.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Engelberg - probably the closest bestest skiing near Zurich. Got a glacier too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I strongly second Engelberg - 2hrs by train, a little less by car. Excellent skiing up to 3000m. Melchsee-Frutt is nearby and has a surprisingly snow-sure bowl given it's altitude snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, I am heading off to Savognin on a DIY trip in a couple of days time. It's apaprently 2.5hrs drive from Zurich. I'll let you know it goes when I get back Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Andermatt is not to far from Zurich for a few days ski-ing - you can get there by train from Zurich with one change at Goeschenen. Gets very good snow conditions well in to April early May. Also consider St Anton in Austria there is a direct rail service also -loads of opportunities.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Davos /Klosters - Klosters is about an hour and three quarters by train from Zurich - with lift 2 min walk from station straight up to Parsenn. Could be even quicker by car but never tried it as this way allows apres ski as well all the way back! We stayed in Davos (Best Western as its opposite the station and ski bus stop) last year - check out the resort site as they have great hotel/rail/ski pass packages for Spring skiing in a number of hotels.

Runs home will be iffy by April, but up the mountain should be fine. Have fun Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arosa at 1800 meters is a good bet - edit - accessed by train that stops at the gondola Very Happy

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 11-01-10 23:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hobbiteater wrote:
Laax,
its big and high but don't tell anyone else

Can you get to Laax by train? Flying to Zurich on the 5th Feb for the weekend, hoping to get some skiing in! Need to book accomodation and skihire - any suggestions? Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes that's the route I'm taking on 13th Feb, try Swiss Rail for timetable. Alternatively there is a bus transfer. I think you can book accommodation and ski hire on there too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy