Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

driving memmingen to mayrhofen, would you go south via A7 or A96 via munich?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i know going south via kemten is shorter but with more secondary roads than the munich route which is mostly motorway but longer. which way would you go? have checked 4x web route planners and 2 say south the other 2 say via munich!! has anyone travelled either route? dont trust those poxy satnavs.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
anyone? Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No idea what the pass is like from A7 to Telfs.

Surprisingly, Google Maps came up with A96 to Munich as the quicker route (quicker by 25minutes or so). If is lobbing it with snow, I'd go that way, as the autobahn will be kept scrupulously clear.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Check the weather. If there is fresh snow, go via Munich, else via Fussen and Lermoos and over the Fernpass. I'm pretty sure the A7 is now open through to Fussen.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
creedgearoid, depends a lot on the weather and when you are travelling. Crossing through Munich can actually save you some time if you are travelling in the Munich area between 10:00 and 16:00 on a Saturday as the A99 Ring road snarls up pretty badly at the junctions with the A8 from Stuttgart, A9 and again at the Munich South one (A99/A8 München-Süd). As you come in from the west continue into Munich and follow the signs to Garmisch and Salzburg when you get to the Mittlerring. No HGVs as there is a ban on them transiting the city. At the weekends the Mittlerring South is fairly free flowing to be honest.

The A7 is now complete to Füssen, but it does seem to snarl up a lot, especially at weekends. I presume because of the sheer volume of traffic and being only 2-lanes in each direction. The Fern Pass can be a glorious route if the weather is clear and not too many HGVs are trying to compete for road space with the Dutch caravans and mobile homes.

Any of the routes will be a nightmare in February at the weekends by the way due to the various half term weeks all over Europe.

Sue
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy