Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been to Valfrejus-La Norma-Aussois?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello snowHead snowHead snowHead

Has anyone been to Valfrejus-La Norma-Aussois Its not far from 3 valleys I think.

I cant find it in the A-Z list.

Any reviews or comments valued.

Many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
youngeratheart,
They are in the Maurienne valley south of the trois vallees and quite a long way from most of them by road except Orelle (the so called fourth valley).
They are seperate resorts Valfrejus and La Norma on the south side of the valley (Slopes mainly north facing) and Aussois on the north side (Much of it south facing.
I was in the area last year but only skied Valfrejus which is a small to medium sized area of excellent skiing above its own purpose built resort. The skiing is varied and good.
La Norma is also purpose built the area is smaller than valfrejus but I don't know much about it.
Aussois has an attractive balcony setting and is traditional in nature the area is fairly smal but I have not skied it.
Don't know of public transport links between the areas my guess is if there are any it would involve changing in Modane an undistinguished town in the bottom of the valley. WIth a car it is around 35- 40 minutes from Aussois to Valfrejus at a guess, distance wise quite short but lots of twisting mountain roads.
Very attractive area and prices are good.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We've boarded Valfrejus and La Norma (Valfrejus last year & La Norma this year). They're both nice resorts and excellent value for money in comparison to larger resorts. Both have excellent terrain (black runs are limited at both if that's your thing). La Norma has slightly better nightlife (more restaurants, bars and a disco people actually go to). La Norma also has a snowpark and I believe a half pipe (neither were open when we were there over New Year).

I'd highly recommed either but my preference would be for La Norma for the nightlife and the snowpark. La Norma also has a cracking pizzeria where you can have a snail topped pizza (takes ages to arrive tho Wink

Never been to Aussois might try it next year. We're going back for 2 weeks at Easter so bought season passes 1/2 price before 18/12/09, cost £160pp for the season and we're getting 3 weeks out of that Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
T Bar, TotallyBoard, Thankyou both. I have been researching for this year as I need a really good deal if I am to see the White stuff you can ski on.

My biggest difficulty seems to be how to get there. I cannot find any affordable flights to Chambery, I can get to Turin or Genoble for sensible money but get stuck on tranfer. I am not confident to hire a car. Did you drive?

Valfrejus would be my choice, La Norma seems nice but I prefer the look of the skiing at Valfrejus and apres ski usually involve a glass of wine or 3 to anesthatize the hurts Laughing so night life not important. Snail pizza sounds good though!

Got and travel advice?

snowHead snowHead forever.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you fly to Turin airport, get a taxi to the city and then there is a train to Modane and it's then a short taxi ride. If you get the time right, it's a TGV.

Also if you fly to Lyon there is a train from the station to Modane but don't think the times tie in.

Aussois is nice but small - we use it when we have beginners out If you want to go for that area and you are solid skiers, I would go for Valmenier/Valloire - much bigger areas but not looked at price differential. Otherwise you are into 3V using the Orelle lift which you might do on the odd day - I think you just ay an upgrade from the Valloire cost.

If you go for Valloire, then get the train to St Michel de Maurienne - I think there are then buses up to the resort (but you should check).

Anybody caught the bus from Lyon to St Michel/Valloire?

BTW, driving isn't that bad. It's motorway driving and of the weather is bad, leave the car at the bottom of the hill and get a taxi up.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
youngeratheart,
I was driving (from Milan) and can't tell you much about transport I'm afraid. Modane is a town with a railway and should have reasonable transport links I would have thought.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
alti - dude, love your 'handle' Thanks for the advice I'll look at that.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy