Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis for off and on piste

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
tomwilko, are they still trading?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Scott Missions, that is all.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Zag skis back in business, www.zagskis.com, just bought a pair of Heli Golds. They have apparently been stiffened up for 2009 / 10 so mean't to be much better on piste and hard pack. These figures look good, especially the radius !!

Heli Gold
Length 181 cm
Sidecut 141-95-119 mm
Radius 15,2 m/cm
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
arv, errr, which bit of Europe is Utah in? Google Maps seems all confused and keeps taking me to North America...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar wrote:
joshua wrote:
But you know sometimes when your on piste you spot a great bit of powder and would love to get in it but its not so great on the supersports I have now Laughing

Perfectly sensible to go for skis which will relish that great bit of powder (if you're prepared to accept a dull, lifeless ski on piste, which will be much harder to ski well Toofy Grin ).

The effort to get them working makes you better skiier, and therefore a better person wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When considering this question it is important to bear in mind that one mans powder ski is anothers all mountain or piste cruiser and so your technique and terrain preferences make all the difference. For example I am happy to use Hellbents as an inbounds resort ski as long as its soft but many others would only bother using them for heli skiing or deep pow. Basically work out where you fit along the spectrum before making your decision.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name, right next to
Englelberg, apparently Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
arv, is this not the perfect opportunity to offer up those Pontoons again? wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name, you can get decent powder in Yurp. Here's me in St Anton, on 95mm wide, 185cm long skis

Re the main discussion, the irony in trying to find a solutions to the all-round problem, is that the features that make a ski a great piste ski make it difficult in the off-piste, and a forgiving off-piste ski is going to be crap on piste. As you get more expert you are better equipped to handle a high performance ski on and off-piste, excpet that it's those people who are more likely to consider having different skis for different days. I've now found a great compromise with a 97mm wide GS ski (Volkl Mantra), but this will be way too stiff for someone just getting to grips with off-piste. Zags are a great off-piste ski, but crap on piste (although the Gold can do something there - at $$$$$ ). Never skied them, but Scott Neos get a good rep - probably best if you're <80kg though.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Swirly, they are still there, apparently they cure all ills, interested? Toofy Grin

Mantras are good, just hard work when it gets deep Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GrahamN, looks a little heavy to me. Twisted Evil

Yes, while you can get decent powder in Europe, it's just much rarer to find bottomless "Champagne" powder. Anyway, as we all well know I have gone over to the dark side and possess skis with 93mil underfoot and 188cms in length. Spent the weekend on them and they were fine, even in bumps, but we both wish we'd taken our Nordicas.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy