Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting your balls back & going faster

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Don't know if anybody else suggested it but maybe it was the skis? Perhaps you got a pair with just sharpened edges, last year you were maybe skidding the turns a bit but this year the edges would catch. Or you said you were a beginner so they gave you something very narrow underfoot, whereas last year you got something slightly more 'all mountain'? My son and I have the same foot size (well for now anyway) and were swapping skis all the time at new year, I was using 85 underfoot, he 78 underfoot and I found myself catching edges.

Its a problem for sure in a group when you have gung ho beginners and the more cautious types. Maybe ski school where you can fit into a group of like minded individuals is the answer for confidence building.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pregnancy didn't make much permanent difference to my feet, I wish it had I might be able to get shoes that don't fall off, and tighter fitting ski boots. hey were slightly larger when I was pregnant, but soon reverted to their normal size and shape (unfortunately the rest of me didn't Sad) I have a very small and narrow foot--still.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont, I might escape, my mother had my in Clarks until I was old enough to buy my own - hence my feet are somewhat "mallard" like. I find it hard to believe they could get any wider or flatter than they currently are! wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would second the suggestion of a lesson with a good instructor. I doubt I will ever be a dare-devil skier but scared myself a few times at the beginning of my week at Christmas and then was a complete wuss until my lesson with Easiski last thing on the Weds (she only had one gap by the time I had found her via here so that was my lot for the week!). She gave me a few things to do for my times of crisis and just knowing I had coping techniques made me a lot braver... the next day was a completely different story and I felt a different person and just got on with skiing rather than worrying about it (shame my hangover on New Years Day hindered my last day of skiing somewhat....ooops!).

I know there is no way I would have got just what I needed in any form of group lesson.... I will next be seen on an Andorrand mountain looking a complete loon doing my drill Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
v1cky24

This is a logical problem. If you are catching an edge it is because your shins are not parallel - they are forming an A-frame in the turn. When starting the turn free up the "inside" ski from the knee and hip. Releasing the pressure (unweighting) will also help. For the speed to go quicker you must have weight centred and more on both skis. Practice turns on your inside ski (after freeing up knee as before) and then feel how much more balanced you are on hard pack and at speed. It will stop you from fighting the hill and help you relax.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
22 dropout, maybe she is catching an outside edge?

Quote:

For the speed to go quicker you must have weight centred and more on both skis

Yeah those WC downhill guys have it all wrong with weight towards outside ski
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy