Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is there a "Tabac" at Grenoble airport?

Poster: A snowHead
Off to Belle Plagne on 23rd Jan. Woo hoo!

Arriving at Grenoble and need to buy some lighter fuel for my hand warmer. I will be on a tour op transfer so no stopping on the way to resort is possible, (maybe Moutiers in that grotty car park). So can I buy lighter fluid in the airport?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't think there is a tabac - I may be wrong. The airport building isn't very big. There is a "sticky" thread on airports http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=47851 so perhaps when you get a definite answer you could add the info to that thread.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't recall seeing a Tabac at Grenoble.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michael B, If not, there are three Tabacs near the "grotty car park" in Moutiers. There are also Tabacs in La Plagne
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just had a quicl trawl through the posts on the sticky - apparently there is a Super U (supermarket) next to McDonalds which is 10-15 mins walk from the airport. If by any chance you are the first flight in and your transfer coach has to wait for others you might have time - ask the reps.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Michael B, generally, I think bomb-making liquids are discouraged at airports but you never know your luck Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the info. I was going to send some out with some skis but that's not happening now so have to get some there. Putting it in our luggage is probably not a good idea. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Michael B, oh I don't know - might liven up an otherwise dull day Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's very little at Grenoble airport.
There's nothing much before you go through security (when flying from Grenoble) and even less after you've gone through.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
They don't even have screens showing you what gate your flight is going to be from at Grenoble aiport, let alone something so frivolous as a shop.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There is a newspaper shop in the airport but I didn't notice if they sell tabacco related goods.

Have you tried using the disposable hand warmers. You buy them in pairs, about the size of a large tea bag, when exposed to air give out heat for about 8 hours, put one in each glove .
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Michael B, Amusing that you don't expect to find a tabac in a French resort - how else would the lifties get their gauloises...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There's a tiny shop in the Departures bit (just round the corner, as you come out of Arrivals turn right and right again) but it really is a small shop, which sells cigarettes and not a lot more. I would be surprised if they had lighter fluid. Much easier to find something in resort I'd expect. Or just get some and chuck it in your hold luggage.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bertie bassett, I do expect to find a Tabac, but will it have lighter fluid? Most people use gas nowadays. As BP is so high and everything is brought up I expect that less popular items like fluid would be 1st off the list.

Also a bird in the hand and all that. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
welshflyer,

my understanding was that Michael B, needs the bomb making equipment to recharge his "hand warmer ignition device", that the hand warmer in question was thin, white and orange and available in packs of 200 at most airports...
latest report
wonders of google - maybe my mind is too obtuse.....
ski holidays
Michael B wrote:
bertie bassett, I do expect to find a Tabac, but will it have lighter fluid? Most people use gas nowadays.
Any tabac in a resort will have 'Essence Pour Briquet Zippo', zippos are popular out there.
snow conditions
allanm, spoken like a true smoker!!
snow report
bertie bassett wrote:
allanm, spoken like a true smoker!!
Wouldn't be without my (sorry.. Bruces) zippo...
ski holidays
Right decision made!

Shall buy fluid at 1st possible point BUT failing that I shall fully expect that the "Tabac" in Belle Plagne to stock said "Essence". I shall report back here if they do or dont have it. snowHead
snow report
Quote:

They don't even have screens showing you what gate your flight is going to be from at Grenoble aiport, let alone something so frivolous as a shop

Last time I was there they didn't even have any planes.
snow report
Michael B wrote:
Right decision made!

Shall buy fluid at 1st possible point BUT failing that I shall fully expect that the "Tabac" in Belle Plagne to stock said "Essence". I shall report back here if they do or dont have it. snowHead
Good, I'm glad snowHead 's has helped alleviate a possible disaster and that you've made a decision, but don't fret - if it all goes belly up and you've cold fingers (due to lack of said "Essence"), I'll hold myself totally responsible and personally bring some of over to you (from the Tabac in Vallandry) - I need an excuse to go to La Plagne wink
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
Quote:

They don't even have screens showing you what gate your flight is going to be from at Grenoble aiport, let alone something so frivolous as a shop

Last time I was there they didn't even have any planes.

Laughing Laughing Laughing know what you mean pam w, same here Laughing
latest report
allanm wrote:
Michael B wrote:
Right decision made!

Good, I'm glad snowHead 's has helped alleviate a possible disaster and that you've made a decision, but don't fret - if it all goes belly up and you've cold fingers (due to lack of said "Essence"), I'll hold myself totally responsible and personally bring some of over to you (from the Tabac in Vallandry) - I need an excuse to go to La Plagne wink

Pah - don't make life too easy for him...

Michael B You could off course 'ski' to Bourg St. Maurice - well not quite but it's dead easy to get to the Vanoise from Belle Plagne, down to bellecote up the Arpette, across the rope tow and down the other side. From the Peisey side of the vanoise there it's just a couple of lifts (or more if you fancy) into 1600 and from there you can take the funicular down to Bourg. Take a pair of trainers and it's a 5 minute walk into town where there's a wide choice of smoking establishments that I'm sure will sell what you require...
snow conditions
red 27 wrote:
Michael B, generally, I think bomb-making liquids are discouraged at airports but you never know your luck Smile

Ermm ... you just mentioned the B-word and the A-word in the same sentence. Shocked The forum might be closed by the morning.
snow report
moffatross, Laughing It would be interesting to see if there was a lot of access from the Virginia part of USA last night.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy