Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any advice on a Whistler trip?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey everyone,

So, we finally decided to go skiing to Whistler this year. My wife hasn't been there for 10 years and I've never been there myself. I keep hearing amazing things about it. Any advice as to where to eat, drink, go out, have fun, what ever? What about getting good deals on ski passes, etc. Any piece of advice would help.

Thanks guys!
--Cris

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 7-01-10 23:33; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It might be worth re-titling this thread to make it clear that you want advice about Whistler. wink Have you done a forum search - there's heaps of stuff about whistler, though I can't help as I have never been. I'd also add your dates - which might make a difference, especially in Olympic year!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't eat yellow snow Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the heads up about the title. I guess I should have give a bit more info about the trip. I'm driving there from the Seattle area in the Jan 15 weekend. I already found an amazing deal for lodging, so that's covered. I did look around on the forum but I was hoping someone would know some up-to-date good deals on ski tickets.

And I'll do my best to stay away from the yellow snow Very Happy That's funny!

Thanks guys!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
crisagafi, If you look for posts by snowHeads user wbsr, he lives in Whistler and has his own site reporting on conditions etc. snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
crisagafi, I drove up from Seattle to Whistler this time last year. Make sure you take your camera and hope you get a suuny day for the drive up there, the scenery on the Sea-to-Sky highway is absolutely stunning. I only got good weather on the drive back but must have pulled the car over about 3 or 4 times to get somepictures, it really was breathtaking.

My trip was at the end of a work trip to Seattle, and I was only there for 3 days and on my own so can't offer too much advice on where is good to go out. On the slopes I ate in 3 different mountain restaurants and all were very good and reasonably priced, so you won't have any trouble in that regard.

Hopefully you find won't find too much disruption with the Olympics going on.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
crisagafi, the 7-11 at Squamish sells discounted day tickets. IIRC it's something of the order of $15-20 off per day. Probably worth comparing that with advance deals you can get through the whistler-blackcomb website
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Depending on the length of your stay, if only the weekend I agree with Arno - pick up some tickets from 7-11 on the drive up (Squamish is probably the easiest)
If you are staying for a week, then the best way (unfortunately) is through WB themselves, other than a packaged deal with accommodation, but you mention that is booked already.

There are too many options for food/drink etc so it all depends on your tastes - just walk the village stroll (10-15 mins end to end) and see what catches your eye.

Iski, thanks for recommending me and my site.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy