Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Villneuve instructor ??

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads, I have trawled the web for recommendations of ski instructors in the Villneuve area.
I'm looking for someone to take a group of competent teenagers for a bit of moguling / jumps off piste and to the snowpark, while I handle my 4 year old (another post coming here I feel).
I have had one reply which didn't quite meet my needs.
So a humble request for any recommendations that would be worth perusing! I will phone if the Web fails, but I find I c a n t a l k s l o w e r b y e m a i l.
Thanks for any support

Knobby
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
knobby, no need to have to talk slowly, there are several English speaking options in Serre Chevalier, but if you don't speak any French at all, Serre Chevalier is not for you. It is a very friendly resort, but it is in France.

www.eurekaski.com ( English instructor, based in Monetier but a ski bus runs there every 20 minutes).

http://www.snow-connections.com/english/

http://www.insightski.com/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Helen.
snow connections contact link seems permanently broken.
I'd not come across insightski though so I'll give them a go,
Thanks.
As for the speaking slowly bit. That was just what we call humor. I'm fluent but rusty!

rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
knobby, Darren is top stuff! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Which one is he? "English instructor based in Monetier"
I always prefer a personal recommendation. Thanks very much.
I'll give him a ring tomorrow.
Sorry I now realise that I should have posted in the Bend Ze knees Forum.

Knobs
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, careful Charlotte, he's a married man now! Laughing Although he is a highly recommended instructor.
knobby, Darren is 'Insight'
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Merci beaucoup! I have sent him an email and I shall lock up my Daughter.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We used Snow-Connections lat year. Really cannot recommend them highly enough - so accommodating, very friendly and helpful.

Ben was our instructor for family private lessons - bit of a handsome dude - both my wife and my daughter would follow him everywhere - without hesitation - even down the Luc Alphand black - my wife had never done a black before! Not sure she fully realised what she was doing!

He was really patient and very very knowledgeable.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
knobby,
Would certainly recommend Eurekaski - I think Gavin would be the chap to take on the mogulling challenge there!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
knobby, I'd also echo the comments above about Eurekaski. I had some excellent instruction from John Angela, though I notice that he doesn't seem to be associated with the company now, which is a shame. A superb instructor who radically improved my skiing.

I've also never had a bad lesson in the area from ESF. Neither has anyone I personally know. Denis Lucas (ESF), who is based in Chantemerle, speaks fluent English and is another excellent instructor.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
knobby, link is working for me, and was last njight. Chasseur, John broke his thigh a couple of seasons ago.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chasseur, Have you used ESF in Monetier before? if so can you tell me what they are like?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Christopher, far better to use Eurekaski or the International Ski School in Monetier. Some of the ESF instructors are good, but a couple of them (who speak English) are not.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
knobby, no need to have to talk slowly, there are several English speaking options in Serre Chevalier, but if you don't speak any French at all, Serre Chevalier is not for you. It is a very friendly resort, but it is in France.

sorry i have to disagree with this, if you dont speak french in this resort you can more than just get by, i have many friends who dont have a word of french and honestly dont have a problem.
everyone speas english!

insight ski is the one to go for, expensive but very very much worth it. From what i know he's doing snowboarding this season too.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
knobby wrote:
Thanks Helen.
snow connections contact link seems permanently broken.
I'd not come across insightski though so I'll give them a go,
Thanks.
As for the speaking slowly bit. That was just what we call humor. I'm fluent but rusty!

rolling eyes

Sorry, too much wine yesterday afternoon/evening had obviously removed my sense of humour.
snow conditions
chris, I used to train Darren many moons ago when he was nobbut a lad. He used to have lots of hair too!!! Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
I thought Florent from Ski Evasion (I think that's what it's called) in Chantemerle was a great instructor.
ski holidays
Thanks. I have heard back from everyone that was mentioned here. apart from Ski Evasion who I will chase up tonight.
Darren (insight) was good enough to phone from Serre Chev! He had not (draw breath) heard of Snowheads, but i mentioned that you all speak highly of him and his hair.
I also picked up a reply from www.axesse.com. Anyone heard of them?
Knobs
latest report
My daughter's friend came with us earlier this year.

She'd never skied (dry slope only) before - so she was booked in with ecole-ski evasion for beginners group lessons.

Bad bad mistake. Instructor not nice at all.

We had doubts at the end of day 1, and cancelled her lessons during day 2 (no refund - but not bothered). Instructor was a really nasty piece of work. Don't want to go into detail - shocking behaviour - she was very very upset.

Snow-connections came to the rescue - my wife missed a lesson to stay with daughter's friend. Explained to our instructor who arranged for her to be added to a beginners group for the rest of the week - even collected her from the village each day. Free of charge. Restored our (and hers) faith and confidence. Couldn't be faulted.

We felt very bad as she was our charge for the week - her first ski holiday, we felt we let her down.

Just our personal experience.
snow conditions
shockingmoment, Thanks for the tip there! Can I assume that you do not really work for the competition? Hee hee
wink
ski holidays
Chance would be a fine thing!

1 - to be of an ability to be able to teach!
2 - to spend the season in the mountains!
3 - read my earlier post re handsome instructor / adoring pupils....!

Is it too late to re-train at forty something.......?
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Chasseur, John broke his thigh a couple of seasons ago.

Ouch (or should that be Och with John being Scottish), that's too bad. I know John was getting on a bit - I hope that hasn't put paid to his skiing. I nicer person one couldn't wish to meet IMO.
snow conditions
This week, I've had a 2 hour private lesson with Darren (Insight) whom I booked with after reading this thread. I cannot recommend him highly enough. My previous experience of lessons was a private lesson with a rather arrogant ESF instructor which was a total waste of money and who put me off ever having any kind of instruction ever again.

In 2 hours Darren has managed to dispel all the myths and confusion which were raging around in my head. He also dissected my turns in a very kind way and put me back on track. I have now spent 2 days practising what he taught me and for the first time in 10 years I am actually "skiing" blacks and steep reds rather than just getting down them. I've still go some way to go but now I know exactly what I was doing wrong I can finally move forwards.
ski holidays
I had an ESF instructor in Villeneuve called 'Perrine'.

She was fierce. Terrifying.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy