Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cigarette smoke in the clean mountain air

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Alan Craggs,

I rarely queue with 200 people and would rather go elsewhere in the first place. I prefer a deserted resort or a deserted part of a resort than competing space with other skiers on slopes or queues. Tignes is big enough for me to disappear, even without going to Val D sector, and so I would leave the queue if I can't tolerate the situation. I don't really have a problem with queues because I can always drive to another resort. Without bottoming it out the smoker offending you may be British too, although it is common observation that the French and Italian do smoke more.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
saikee, leaving that particular queue is only a reasonable option if you have skins and touring bindings, or don't mind booting up a piste, and are not stuck in the middle of it. This was half term and there were many kids there who did not have the choices you outline above. Do you defend that guy's right to smoke (and smirk while he was doing it) Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alan Craggs,

I am not siding with people who smoke and inconsiderate to others. However this is another country with a different culture and we do have the option of not going there again.

I am in a preculiar situation as a sufferer as my son is going out with a French girl who smokes. I don't think it would be fair or me to reject her. It is really up my son to decide and he was taugh never to smoke. They have been seeing each other for 3 years now. Through her I come to know that it is nearly impossible for youngster not to smoke in some parts of France. She doesn't smoke in my house but has to go to the garden every now and then for a puff or two.

I just don't think we have the right to impose our way of life on natives when we are in their country.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
saikee, well I didn't say, or know, if the offensive smoker was French or not, and I'm not sure that not imposing one's smoke on others can be described as a way of life.

I didn't want to get involved in this thread (as an ex-smoker Confused ) but got "sucked in" as it were.

I'll leave it here, but my final thoughts are that we (me certainly) get het up about having to breathe in other people's smoke, yet, as I think you and others may have pointed out, collectively we as "western consumers" are forcing the rest of the planet to absorb the by products of our lifestyle. Ciggy smoke in the outdoors or in a bar is small potatoes compared with that.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy