Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Great tips for cycling on snow - from The Guardian

Poster: A snowHead
Matt Seaton, noted author on cycling, has ten great tips for cycling on snow-covered roads ...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/blog/2010/jan/06/tips-cycling-in-snow

... including

Quote:
• Let some air out of your tyres, whatever sort they are; ride them soft, you'll get more grip.

Quote:
• Try to steer "with your hips" rather than your hands: in other words, make directional changes progressively and with your whole mass on the bike, rather than by sudden sharp steering inputs at the handlebars.

Anyone got any more advice?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stop spamming the board with articles we have already seen/read. Thanks.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did some mountain biking in the snow before Christmas which was great fun. Mountain bikes churn through the stuff really well though. Only problems I had was on roads where the snow wasn't all mushed up and ice was forming in places. The rear wheel would slip occasionally, but you just need to spot when that happens and adjust. Head for the snowier bits. Downhill riding on icy singletrack was a bit lethal though! Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Liveezy, 1. It isn't SPAM, since there is no commercial interest, as far as I can see, and they are all snow related in some way.

2. You are not "we". And he has no real way to know whether you have already seen the article (never mind whether "we" have).

If you don't like it, then just don't read any threads started by him.

They do get a little irritating at times, but he has a perfect right to post them.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Liveezy wrote:
Stop spamming the board with articles we have already seen/read. Thanks.

Your bicycle pump can't read, so I don't know who "we" is.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What deadkenny said. Glad I swapped the SPDs for Flat pedals though, even if I did spike my left shin on the pedal spikes. But I prefer that to snapping an ankle 3 weeks before a ski trip.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Expect to slide and don't poop your pants when it inevitably happens. Foot out flat out!

Sorry about the size.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alex_heney wrote:
Liveezy, 1. It isn't SPAM, since there is no commercial interest, as far as I can see, and they are all snow related in some way.

Spam doesn't have to be commercial in origin. OED defines Spam as "irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of newsgroups or users. One can argue the relevance of the posts: personally I find this particular thread one of the more appropriate ones posted by Mr Goldfish these last few days.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Best advice; buy a mountainbike. It's easier than walking in snow - honest.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
el nombre wrote:
Sorry about the size.

It's not us you need to apologise to wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
el nombre wrote:
Sorry about the size.

The size is great. What's the location?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
el nombre wrote:
Expect to slide and don't poop your pants when it inevitably happens. Foot out flat out!

OMG, that guy is still mountain biking with an artificial limb, good on him.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
alex_heney wrote:
Liveezy

They do get a little irritating at times, but he has a perfect right to post them.

The guys created about 30 threads in the last half an hour. I'd say that's spam. But then as has been said, he has a right to post them, just wanted him to know my thoughts on tyre size and knee injury articles etc... Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cool pics by the way so i guess something decent has come from this thread
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes, it's nice to see something decent for a change, with a bit of descent
snow conditions
Ernst Goldsmith wrote:
el nombre wrote:
Sorry about the size.

The size is great. What's the location?

Think those ones were taken somewhere in the middle of the Les Deux Alpes snowpark. Also rode that really long black run in Alpe d'Huez which is the start of the megavalanche race.

My brother raced last year. I'm hopefully doing it this year if i have a new bike sorted by then. Whistler cracked my old one.

Davidof, you may not care in the slightest but http://www.pinkbike.com/news/brian-bartlett-2009.html He's a skier as well.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 6-01-10 12:55; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
Haha, brilliant!! And good work for combining two of the most expensive sports! Razz
snow report
I love cycling on snow. No night-ride tonight - which is a shame. I hope the snow holds up till the weekend
latest report
stoatsbrother, I love cycling in snow uphill - keeps you warm and the goretex working, but it's mighty cold going downhill when it's -8C. Oh and tyres scrunching on the ice makes all the dogwalkers rapidly move out of the way in the forest Smile Twisted Evil
snow report
My bicycle has been in the garage since I got back from Panorama. I brought it out yesterday but never made it off my estate, I didn't like the 'not in control' feeling. I usually use it to get to work. Not this week. Evil or Very Mad

Booo... I never thought I'd say this but the bloody snow is disrupting my exercise and I wish it would melt. My netball training has even been cancelled!
ski holidays
v1cky24..that's why you need an mtb with knobblies.

I should be doing 16 hours a week on the road this time of year, but we're training off road instead in the snow and ice. Much more scenic, mental and tiring Happy
snow report
DaveB wrote:
v1cky24..that's why you need an mtb with knobblies.

I should be doing 16 hours a week on the road this time of year, but we're training off road instead in the snow and ice. Much more scenic, mental and tiring Happy

Oh so that's what MTBs are for? Razz

Getting sick of spin classes and my turbo at the moment. Want to get out.....

DaveB 16 hours - what on earth are you training for?
ski holidays
fatirishman, As you well know - MTBs are for cyclists who like to keep their brain switched on when they ride... wink On yer bike.

Lucky if I am doing 5 hours a week at the moment Sad
latest report
fatirishman - vets national championship later in the year, need loads of base winter miles to lead me into season. 7 hours over weekend, 9 midweek. Doable when it's not snowing!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy