Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who to park with at Gatwick this weekend

Poster: A snowHead
I did a search online and there are plenty of places to park at gatwick but have any of you got some good tips or reviews of who to park with as i parked at a BCP off airport last march when i went skiing in Austria and came back to a nice new chip in the paint of my door.
The company would take no responsibility of it as i only noticed it next day, but as it was dark when i collected the car i was never going to see it.
I like the idea of vallet parking as it would help with all the gear, but how do you know they dont just take your pride and joy for a few mile joy ride ??
So any advice would be great.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nibbley-uk,

Hi, We have used APH Airport parking a couple of times without any probs, and for the few extra quid it's great service when you have lot's of ski gear to carry.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bikergirl,

Is that Meet n Greet with APH ?

We've used Value Parking's Meet & Greet at Gatwick for teh past 2 years and they have been brilliant but i can't seem to locate them this year, i think they may have gone under

Any suggestions out there for this year - what other meet & greets have people used there that have been good ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
sev112,

Yes, it was the Meet n Greet, they are the only one's I've used so far, and I only remember their details as they are always sending me promotional emails.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We used ACE a few times never had any probs: http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=24730&highlight=

On the joyriding front I guess you can never be sure but we do have a cheap but fast car (T reg nissan 200sx) with enough upgrades it would be obvious it might be 'fun' and it's never come back with extra miles on it Wink

aj xx
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I used Long Stay Plus for our xmas trip. Park at reception, hand over your keys, pop luggage on bus (one every ten min) outside reception, 3 to 5 min to terminal. Way back just as easy, the same in reverse. Simples
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have used APH at Gatwick several times, but always driving to their site and using their coach to the airport. I have always been happy with their service.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Meteor valet parking was very good, left my wallet in the car dooh! and the driver called me on my mobile to ask if I needed it Embarassed , we used BAA long stay a few times both north and south terminals, no problems
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Meteor valet parking was very good, left my wallet in the car dooh! and the driver called me on my mobile to ask if I needed it Embarassed , we used BAA long stay a few times both north and south terminals, no problems
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
radar,

twice - wow ?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
radar, Twice How remiss of you!

nibbley-uk, Like Adrian, said
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have always used http://www.tudorrose.co.uk/ and thoroughly recommend their services.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nibbley-uk, I was recommended these people by Spyderman. They're brilliant.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'll second Cophall Farm Parking - been nice and efficeint for me...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers all, Cophall farm looks good do you have to phone them about their meet and greet as no details on the site ??
latest report
We stayed and parked at Ifield Court Hotel. Excellent room and breakfast, parking for the week and transfers both ways in a minibus (loads of room for kit and a very short wait for pick up). The cost was little more than parking only. The owner/manager was particularly helpful, as the booking was made third party, and they had messed it up a bit. They have a 'sister' hotel called Little Foxes, which offers a similar service, and looks nice.

Karen
snow report
marky wrote:
I have always used http://www.tudorrose.co.uk/ and thoroughly recommend their services.

Ditto - pretty good most of the time - I once had to wait about 10 minutes for my car to be delivered back to me but as it was about 3 in the morning I could live with it...
snow conditions
Cheers all, Cophall farm looks good do you have to phone them about their meet and greet as no details on the site ??

Used Cophall Farm Parking twice, just call freephone number after customs and baggage collection. Wait 10 mins and you'll be whisked back to your carriage. No complaints. Very Happy
snow report
Just booked APH Meet & Greet (Meteor) for Gatwick this weekend, arriving around 4.15am, for only £47 with a weeks parking. Very Happy
snow conditions
Not much use this weekend but I try to book in advance usually get a decent deal for the short stay just a couple minutes walk from the terminal.

I'm not a fan of handing over the keys to a 3rd party always been worried about damage etc.
snow report
Sirius, Me too- parking up at the long stay through Gatwicks website, £38 for the week. It was a free upgrade to have the valet parking service, decided I'll park it myself! (it's not a big hardship, and the car park is only minutes from the terminal so really no biggy)
ski holidays
North Terminal Long Stay - £33.50 for 8 days 2nd week Feb, booked a couple of weeks ago thru Airport web site
ski holidays
I booked in September for my trip this weekend, and therefore managed to get the short stay at a cheap price.

With a ton of luggage and 2 kids in tow, I'd rather not mess about on a bus if I can help it.
latest report
Another really good one and extremely well priced is Copthall Farm Parking - easy to find, good shuttle service, no hidden extras etc... etc...
ski holidays
One to avoid would be Airparks http://www.airparks.co.uk/gatwick-parking/bcp-gatwick-parking.html
They park your car up for you and then bring it back to reception when you return. On returning on a snowy Saturday in Gatwick (9th Jan) we found about 30 people in the reception (portakabin) waiting for their cars, one chap had been waiting for 90 minutes. The staff were very good at making excuses about the snow, black ice on the ramps and that it wasnt their fault and they'd just come on shift. One lady who had just had her car return and was about to drive off returned to the reception with a bag of car keys, which had been left on her passenger seat. I booked airparks as it was cheap (£25) but wont use them again
ski holidays
Just wanted to let you know that we used Cophall Farm and i must say it was all very painless and very efficient and would happily use them again.
snow report
nibbley-uk, good - and thanks for taking the trouble to feed back.
snow report
No worries and hope it helps some else looking for somewhere to park.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I just booked Meteor again and used the discount voucher from the ski show anyone can use the code SKIS10, £41 for a week meet and greet.
snow report
Does the Gatwick Flyer mini bus service still run from Essex?? They used to pick us up at the door when we lived in Woodford.

Aah, yes they do http://www.gatwickflyer.co.uk/gatwickflyer.html
ski holidays
there are so many valet parking companies to choose from Gatwick airport, it makes it very difficult to know who are the good eggs and who are not. My partner and I have always used a ABC Gatwick who have never let us down. Their website address can be found here.

Valet parking gatwick
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy