Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Axium

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anybody tell me anything about these?

Thanks
Dan
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
iskander, I have them on my b3's they work fine. What else do you want to know.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rossignol Axiom otoh, those are legendary.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have a ski called axium by rossi , I believe they are a good beginner intermediate ski....they are mentioned in this article towards the bottom ... http://www.skiernet.com/ski-buyers-guide.html
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you for your replies. In the mean time I found out that the skis I was looking at are actually Rossignol Dualtec and the bindings are Rossignol Axium.
I am looking for some used skis for my missus. I need some carves that are suitable for a beginner/intermediate woman, to boost her confidence. Also, I am looking at used skis because of low budget constraints Smile
That being said, can anyone help me? Would these suit?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
iskander wrote:
I am looking for some used skis for my missus. I need some carves that are suitable for a beginner/intermediate woman, to boost her confidence. Also, I am looking at used skis because of low budget constraints Smile

Find a ski with 16m radius or less, 110mm width tips or more. Length and flex apropriate to her weight.

Quote:
Would these suit?

Based on the information you've given us so far, No.

Anything she hires in a shop will be more likely to boost her confidence after she has a miserable time on those.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you for your reply. I walked away from those.
I am leaning away from hiring for a couple reasons: the financial one (it just doesn't make sense if you consider more than one season), and a general tendency to stay away from hired stuff. Every time I hired something, it was absolutely knackered, probably just another proof that communism doesn't work. Every rental car I ever hired, (if it wasn't brand new) it was in a really bad state, every time I hired a bike it was as good as my grandma's teeth, and even though I never hired skis, last season one of my mates did and one of the bindings was gone. He got it changed the next day, but he wasted one day anyway.
I found an online store (http://www.skiwear4less.com/) and they sale some Pale and Elan skis very cheap. I've never heard about these brands. Can anyone share any views? They seem a bit too cheap to be true, but then it's a new ski, it should last a few seasons. What do you think?

Thanks again,
Dan
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
iskander wrote:
Thank you for your reply. I walked away from those.
I am leaning away from hiring for a couple reasons:

Just to be clear: I wasn't trying to steer you away from a purchase towards hiring. Based on the somewhat general information you had given us (Rossignols with a Dualtec label), the gear in most hire shops will be at least one or two design generations beyond the ones you were thinking of purchasing. The Rossignols quite likely did not meet the criteria I set out above (16m published radius, 110mm wide tips or greater) and she would have had to choose absurdly short lengths to get 'control' on average pistes, which 'control' would then disappear on ice or with a little speed -because- they are too short.

Quote:

I found an online store (http://www.skiwear4less.com/) and they sale some Pale and Elan skis very cheap.

Pale is not mainstream; most of their designs I've seen were park-oriented. I've not skied them.

Elan certainly are mainstream, and highly innovative too.

Quote:

They seem a bit too cheap to be true, but then it's a new ski, it should last a few seasons. What do you think?

They are leftover stock from past seasons. There are several skis there that could conceivably suit the missus nicely.

Do be careful if you buy from this seller, however, and make sure that the Elan skis this seller is selling include the complete Fusion binding. They should be able to tell you the model number of the binding, beyond just 'Fusion'.

Do NOT assume that you will be able to find a suitable binding on your own: only specific Fusion bindings fit those skis and it would require major surgery and reconstruction to put anything else on.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Do NOT assume that you will be able to find a suitable binding on your own: only specific Fusion bindings fit those skis and it would require major surgery and reconstruction to put anything else on.

The Elan fusion 12 bindings are just Tyrolia peak 12: http://www.tyrolia.com/public/ski-bindings/ski-binding-line-200910/peak/peak-12/index.html

Anyway, you'll notice soon enough if they are delivered with bad bindings; the colors won't match!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Vorda,

that completely misses my point: If they are delivered with -no- bindings (click on the pic of the Magfire 9 frex) then what will the OP do?

Those particular bindings are not supplied for sale to consumers separately from the skis.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You should be able to get some Peak 12 bindings and mount them on an Elan Fusion ski I think, not? I'll check the mount template on my magfire 82 xti tomorrow.
I need to correct myself, they are RFD 12 bindings with the plate integrated in the ski. Those are the same drill template then Peak 12 though.

Anyway, we're in agreement, you should ask to be 100% sure. The price does indicate that they come with bindings, but better safe than sorry.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy